10: Unknown Someone

Kaede and I switched looks before stopping and looking at Kaito, finally getting it. 

"YOU'RE WHAT?!" We both said, our voices becoming intertwined. 

Kaito jumped back when he heard us yell. "Something..wrong with that??" He asked. 

We all started walking again, overlapping our voices with each others.

Kaito talked about Korekiyo for the whole time. 

I now know he likes silence, books, his sister (weird), plushies, and baby clothes. 

I also know now that he hates hugs, affection, pet names, nicknames, popular people, socializing, and confrontation. 

At least I know something about Korekiyo. I smile and walk into the cafe with everyone else.

No surprise, it was just like yesterday. 

Everyone we knew, plus the unknown someone, was there again. 

I was scared of the unknown person, but I took his order and gave him his food anyway. This time, he gave me a $50 tip. 

I wouldn't take it but he insisted so I took it. When I didn't want to take it once again, he said..

"If you do not take the money, I won't be leaving here until closing."

That was when I gave up and took the money, thanking him greatly.

He then left after not eating his food and leaving it there. Maki thought I scared him off and scolded me. 

Overall the shift was good and I left happy, if not creeped out.

When I got home I found a letter waiting for me.

(I'm terrible at writing titles for these chapters- I'm sorry :') ) -Anni