➳𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄➳

It's never goodbye~

24th December, 2023

24th December, 2023.

Christmas eve. Just one day to go and the last festival of the year was here which would be celebrated with much joy and pomp. The starless sky looked down at the people of the city with the humourless stare of a serial killer. The leafless trees stood still as the wind screamed while passing through them. People were out for dates, last minute Christmas shopping, a walk alone while some rushed to home to get rid of the chilly weather. Kids were very exciting as they knew Santa Claus would be coming through the chimney of their houses and give them gifts. So, they asked their mothers to keep cookies and a glass of milk under the Christmas tree as Santa worked really hard.

Mark's apartment became the center of joy as everyone gathered to celebrate this year's Christmas eve together. The living room was filled with the smell of the sweet sugar cookies and crumble cinnamon apple pie made by Jeno and Jaemin. The tasty smell made Haechan's mouth watery as he rushed to the kitchen area to see if it was done or not. A small Christmas tree was decorated at the corner of the room completing the overall vibe. The male brought the cake and flashed his beautiful smile at his friends, keeping the pie on the table infront of the sofa as the other two trailed behind him. Jeno also kept the cookies and Haechan brought the plates. Yumi cut the pie in equal pieces for all and distributed among them as their full focus was now on the T.V. infront of them.

It was year 2023. Chenle would be graduating the university next year while it would be Jisung's senior year. While Jaemin refused to believe that his baby Jisung would be a senior soon, the young boy himself was sad because as an introvert, he had no close friends except the other guys and now that Chenle would also graduate, he would feel lonely. But his friends comforted him that the year would go by fast and he would also be free of that hell.

Yumi and Jaemin were training hard for the Olympics. Jeno was working hard to understand his father's business because in the future he would have to look after it and side by side continuing to love his passion, archery. Haechan got into the national football team. As for Kiara, she became a coach at a swimming institute with her skills while grabbing trophies in different local and other states competitions. Renjun and Mark were out of the country for the Asian Games which was held in Hangzhou, China. Renjun managed to secure a silver medal at the finals for tennis and decided to give a visit to his parents for this Christmas. And today was Mark's last match against the Indonesian team.

The seven of them were looking at the small screen as it was the last quarter of the basketball match. It was a very intense moment as both teams were throwing the ball inside the opposite team's basket or preventing the opponent to do so. The people infront of the T.V. refused to look away from the television while eating the food when Mark got the orange ball in his hands. He was dribbling and going to the way of opponent's basket. That time, a taller man came infront of him, the Canadian quickly lowered his head and passed through the taller. He kept going this way and that way avoiding the opposite team and at the end, he took a deep breath and jumped into the air when he was closed to the basket. He did a dunk shot and shoved the ball directly into the basket gaining two points for the Korean National Basketball Team making them the winner. Loud cheers escaped from the teammates' mouth as they ran to a spot to do a group hug and the audience too stood up to clap and cheer for the winning team. The basketball fans of the country were happy and satisfied with the result.