chapter 28

dreams pov

"I'm sorry, you did WHAT" Karl pushed himself up. Uh oh. "Yeah... I felt bad so I asked him last night." I replied to him.

"Oh. When?"

"At two. We are meeting at the diner."

"Then let's get ready," Karl said as he got off of the bed. I thought he was going to be mad at me but I guess not. Alright then.

We got dressed and he waited for me in the living room, I hurried and walked up to him.

"Hey, there's somewhere else I wanna take you before we meet up with him," I told him.

We got into the car and I began driving down the road. "I'm sorry for last night," he started. Nah this isn't how it's gonna go. He didn't do anything wrong.

"Karl, don't try and apologize because you didn't do anything wrong. I was jealous and I acted out towards you. I'm the one who should be apologizing. You were just introducing me to your friend. Plus, you've known her way longer than you've known me. I shouldn't have made assumptions." I hope he accepts my apology. If not, this car ride is about to be mad awkward.

"Thank you for apologizing," Karl replies.

"Let Clara know I'm not mad at her either. I could tell she had a weird vibe about me." I honestly can't even remember the girl's name so I took a guess.

"It's Claire. But yeah okay" Karl replies giggling.

Turns out I'm a pretty bad guesser. I see Karl take out his phone and I'm assuming he's telling Claire what I said. Well, I'm hoping he's telling Claire. He could easily be telling her something else.

I'm not gonna worry about this anymore. Oh, we're here already. We get out of my vehicle and we get met with a mildly busy park.

"A park?" Karl asks. "Yes, a park. There's a trail around it, let's go on a walk." I tell him.

We go on this walk, it was nice. We talk about the messed-up relationship we have going on. He won't admit it, but I know he's mad at me. He probably doesn't even wanna be with me anymore. Or even go to the diner to meet up with Sapnap later. He might want to go, just because Sapnap is there. Who knows.

Karl. Karl knows. He's been thinking this entire time. Of course, he would never tell me what it was about. I don't believe he realizes it, but he makes a face every time he's deep in thought. The first time I took notice of the facial expression was at the diner when he was trying to figure out whether or not it was worth asking his boss if he could go home. 

Wow, we were strangers back then. If you think about it, we still are. I couldn't tell you five foods he enjoys. Am I a bad boyfriend?

Whatever, it's getting closer to the time. "Hey, we should get back to the car."

We finally get in the car and I begin my drive to the diner. My anxiety is going through the roof. What if something goes wrong? What if they like each other and leave me? What if Sapnap doesn't even show up? Oh my God. What if this is all a joke? What if Karl and Sap have been texting this entire time?

We pull up to the diner and I notice Sapnaps car is there. "He's inside," I speak up.

Am I not saying enough? Is that why Karl is so quiet? What if I talk too much?

We walk inside and I notice Sapnap getting our attention. We walk towards his booth, me and Karl sit side by side.

"Hi," Karl speaks up first.

----
🤍🤍