chapter 12~i just want you safe

JOHNNY'S POV

i'm trying my best to not get visibly angry at the situation that just happened while i drive calissa and bam home.

"do you want to tell me what happened or do you want to not think about it right now?" bam quietly asks her.

calissa is laid down on his lap in the backseat of my car while he's stroking her hair. i can hear her sniffle and clear her throat every now and then over her request of the quiet radio music. she slowly begins to tell everything that happened to her and my heart shatters. i should have walked her to the restroom so this could've been prevented? what if i got there quicker to beat that guys ass?

"do you want me to heat up a shower and turn on a movie when we get home" bam sweetly asks her.

"yes please bam" she responds a little more clearer.

we finally get home and bam asks me to help her up to her room as he gets some stuff prepared for her. i turn off my car and open up my back doors, watching calissa sit herself up on her seat.

"can you carry me johnny" she calmly asks me.

"yes of course" i quickly insist.

she wraps her arms around my neck then i grab the backs of her legs and her lower back, lifting her up to my chest. i use my body to close the car door then begin to walk into the house with her.

"where do you want to go in the house?" i ask her whilst looking into her eyes.

as her eyes lock with mine, tears overflow onto her cheeks. we arrive in the house and i quickly place her down on the couch. as i do so she hugs me as tight as she probably can, burying her head into my shirt. i rub her back with one arm as i hold her tight with the other.

"i'm not really sure what i can say calissa, i just want to keep you safe" i softly tell her as i continue to rub her back.

"i know johnny..this isn't the first time this has happened so i know how cruel some men can be, i'm not oblivious to it" she responds, beginning to collect herself.

"i promise that i'll always be here to keep you safe calissa, anything you need just come to me" i tell her softly.

i feel her chest move as she takes a few deep breaths. she looks up to me with tear stained cheeks and a small smile.

"thank you p.j" she responds.

"do you wanna shower cali? the waters warmed up" bam says behind us as he jogs down the stairs.

she nods her head and i watch her walk towards bam then head upstairs with him.

it's now time to leave them alone and go to the restaurant everyone's at but i don't even know if i can. how am i supposed to have fun eating at a chinese restaurant after the one girl i care about was just assaulted?

i get in my car and drive to a nearby cliff that i always like to recollect my thoughts at. a text is sent to me by ehren asking if i could at least come by to pick them up in a while which i respond to with a short 'ya'.

why was i affected by this so much? i mean why wouldn't i be, something horrible just happened to calissa. but why am i so protective over her? it doesn't feel normal to care so intently for a friend this much. i can't say she's just a friend because it's sure something different than that. she's different from being just my friend because i'm in complete awe of her personality unlike the other guys; her funny sarcastic remarks, her true kindness, and her self confidence is so appealing. she's effortlessly gorgeous, not like these other hollywood girls that use 10 pounds of makeup and diet pills to get their way; she's much more natural than that in a very beautiful way. she's different than being just my friend because i'm in love with her. holy shit i really do love calissa margera.