Chapter 5

Saige
(Flashback)

"Thank you Ms. Jane!" I waved happily to my bus driver who dropped me off in front of my house.

"You are so welcome sweetie! Be safe and i'll see you tomorrow ok?"

I nodded with a big smile on my face. "Yes ma'am!"

I skipped happily to my house. I am so excited to tell mommy about my day.

Once I made it to the door I noticed that it was already open which was strange. Mommy never has her door open like this. I carefully crept into our house noticing it was really quiet. Its always loud in here since Mommy always has company over.

Walking more into the house I saw everything was missing. Our kitchen table, tv, and couch. I was even more scared now because I couldn't find mommy.

"Mommy! Mommy! Where are you?!" I yelled in fear.

When I walked more into the living room I saw a figure laying on the floor. The more and more I kept walking it looked more like my mother.

"Mommy!" I screamed as I ran over to her lifeless body. She wasn't breathing and foam was coming out of her mouth. I started to panic trying to feel her pulse like I was taught in P.E but it wasn't working.

Crying frantically I got up and ran out the house. I have to get her help or she's going to die! I instantly ran to my neighbors house and banged on the door.

Mrs.Reid opened her door with a confused look. "What's wrong Saige?"

"Please go help my mommy she's not breathing!" I begged with tears streaming down my face.

"Oh my God! Samuel call the police!" Mrs.Reid yelled to her husband.

"Stay here in the house Saige I'm going to try to help her ok?" She said grabbing her coat and running out the house.

I obeyed her instructions and sat in her living room. I'm scared. I don't want to lose my mommy because then i'll have no one.

*A few moments later*

Mrs.Reid finally came back in the house with a police officer following behind her. I quickly jumped up and ran to her.

"Is she ok? Is my mommy alive?!" I exclaimed hoping they would give me good news.

Mrs.Reid stayed quiet and looked at the police officer. "No sweetie we couldn't save her. Your mom is gone."

My mommy is dead? Once I heard those words I dropped to the ground crying. Now I am going to be all alone with no one to love me. She was all I had.

(Present)

"Mom!" I jumped up out of my nightmare with sweat rolling down my face.

I just can't get the image of my mom's dead body out of my head after all this time. I have nightmares all the time about it. I miss her so much.

"Wait...where am I?" I said aloud realizing that I wasn't in my own bed.

I looked around at my surroundings and the room was dimly lit. The room was fancy looking and had black silk sheets covering the bed. A large tv hung on the wall and large panting decorated the wall.

My heart started beating fast as all the memories started flooding back in my head. Nyeli and Eric! Oh god I hope they're ok.

My head shot straight to the door when I heard it creek. "Oh goody your awake!" I heard a voice say.

A middle aged woman slowly stepped in the room with a huge smile. "Thank god! The boss has been worried sick that you wouldn't wake up."

I quickly covered my half naked body and grabbed the closest thing to me to defend myself. "Where am I?!"

The woman clicked her tongue and shook her head. "I told him this was a bad idea..."

"Told who?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Well we are at Mr.Bianchi's home and he took you here after you passed out to watch over you. You were sleep for 2 days we were worried you weren't going to wake up." She sighed.

I grabbed my chest and started to hyperventilate. My chest felt like it was about to cave in. My anxiety is only getting worse and I need to get out of here.

The woman quickly ran over to me when she saw I was in distress. "Oh no! Dear are you ok?"

"I need to leave!" I said quickly trying to get up on my own.

"I'm sorry but you can't do that. Mr.Bianchi would kill me if I let you go." She exclaimed quickly before trying to pull me back down on the bed.

I snatched my arm away and pushed her off of me. "No I am fine! I need to leave!"

Heavy footsteps were heard walking down the hall before the door was slammed open. "What's going on here?" A deep voice rang.

I stopped my struggle with the lady and turned my head towards the door. It was Bruno. He stood tall at the door with a questioning look on his face.

"Leave." He signaled for the woman to go.

"Yes sir." She bowed before slowly walking out the door and shutting it behind her.

He slowly examined me from head to toe. I noticed that his eyes landed on my boobs which made me self conscious. I quickly covered my body as heat rose to my cheeks.

I finally spoke after the awkward silence. "Thank you for watching over me but I am fine. I have to go to make sure my friends are ok."

He walked over to me and lifted my chin so that we were now making eye contact. "They are fine but you? You are not going anywhere."

Huh?! Oh god this man is crazy...