Chapter 6

Saige

I've been held hostage here for a week now. I refuse to do anything until they let me go. Bruno is barely around. The maids say that he is always working but won't tell me what his work is. Not once has he came to check up on me. Why should I care? I just want to go home.

Days had went by I didn't know the time nor the hour. I've stayed in this room scared to move. I was worried about my friends. The guilt I felt in my stomach was eating away at me. Why was I the only one to be saved? I felt miserable and alone. Being here only made my anxiety worse.

My nightmares had started up again. I can't get a full nights rest because of it. My hair is a mess, black rings formed around my eyes, and not to mention I haven't bathed since I been here. I'm just going through it. I need to get out of here and fast.

Three soft knocks came from the door. I ignored it and submerged myself more into the covers.

The door creaked as it was being opened. I peaked my head up from the covers to see who it was. Come to find out it was Lola. The old maid who is here to cater me.

"Saige I've brought you some breakfast." She spoke softly while setting the tray on the bed.

I set up and stared at the delicious looking food in front of me. It was soft pancakes with fruit, bacon, and cheesy eggs. My stomach growled loudly as my mouth watered. Wait no, fuck this food.

I shook my head and pushed the tray away. "I'm not hungry. I refuse to do anything until I'm free."

"Miss please! You haven't ate a single thing since you been here. This is not healthy!" Lola pleaded.

"I don't care." Was all I said to her. I submerged myself back into the covers and closed my eyes.

"Mr.Bianchi is going to kill me." I heard her sigh while exiting the room.

When I heard the room door click I instantly shot up from the bed. This is my time to find an escape. I can't keep rotting here.

I ran towards the windows trying to lift it up but it was no use, it was locked. I whined in frustration as I looked around the room. I was slowly losing hope.

I walked over to the door and jiggled the nob.

"Of course it's locked." I whispered to myself.

I slid down the door and curled into a ball. The tears started flowing down my face and my chest started to feel caved in. Why me? Why am I always stuck in these fucked up situations? Times like these I still wish I had the comfort of my mother.

I sat at the door and cried for hours until I heard a familiar voice. My heart instantly sank. It sounded like Bruno.

I instantly wiped my tears and pressed my ear into the door to hear the conversation. It was faint but I still tried to hear.

"How is she?"

"She refuses to do anything sir. I tried to make her eat this morning but she refuses to do so. She just wants to be free. Why can't you let the poor girl go?" Lola questioned.

Bruno scoffed. "I'll handle it and it's also none of your concern. Don't overstep your boundaries again. You're dismissed."

"Yes sir."

With that I heard heavy footsteps approaching the door. My heart started to pound out my chest. Oh no is he coming in here?! I instantly jumped up from the door and made my way to the bed. The door quickly opened as I was getting into the covers.

There he stood at the door just looking at me. It looks like he gets finer every time I see him. He had on a short sleeve shirt today with his tattoos on full display. They decorated his arms down to his hands.

Lord the things I would do- wait.... No!! Saige this man is keeping you hostage in his home. I don't care who he is I want to get the fuck out of here.

"You look pitiful." He spoke bringing me back to reality.

I was taken aback with what he said. "I wouldn't be if I wasn't trapped here." I replied with an full on attitude.

He sighed and walked over to me. Once he made his way in front of me he caressed my face. I instantly slapped his hand and moved back. He chuckled at my reaction. "Such a pretty girl with an horrible attitude."

"Fuck you." I said angrily.

This must've struck a nerve because his whole demeanor changed. He stalked over to me and snatched my wrist which rose me from the bed. Pain instantly stung my wrist because he had such a strong grip.

With gritted teeth he spoke angrily. "As long as your under my roof you do as I say and you respect me. You don't understand shit that's going on right now but by all means if you want to leave the door is open. Walk out there and get yourself killed because I won't save you."

With that he let me go and I plopped back on the bed. Tears brimmed my eyes as I held my wrist.

"What do you mean? I don't understand." I asked.

He sighed and gripped his hair. "It's a long story but I just need for you to cooperate with me. As soon as this is all over you can go and live your life."

Still confused on what was going on I nodded my head in response.

"Good now take a shower you stink. I bought you some new clothes and hygiene things today. After that come downstairs to eat we have business to discuss." He demanded in a deep voice.

After that he walked out the door leaving me speechless.

"Do I smell that bad?" I questioned to myself.

Giving myself a sniff I instantly recoiled from disgust.

"Oh God I do stink! This is sooo embarrassing." I whined while quickly getting up to head to the bathroom.