Chapter 1

Saige

Til this day I still remember.
Til this day I still remember I was once happy.
Til this day I still remember I was once joyful.
Til this day I still remember I once had a loving family.

What happened to that? Everything changed before my eyes. Once my father died my mother shut down. My once loving mother changed and turned cold like ice. She brought in different men and was strung out every night.

There were nights when I went hungry and nights when I couldn't sleep. While my mother was sleep different men would come in my room every night raping me.

It still haunts me til this day and now I am still suffering from it. I now cannot have children of my own. Once I told my mother what was happening to me she beat me for lying and for accusing them.

After all the beating and raping I still loved my mother. Nothing was going to change the way I felt about her because I knew she still loved me. I came to the conclusion that she was just hurt and it would take time for her to heal but it never happened.

Coming from school I found my mother unconscious on the couch. She wasn't moving or breathing. Everything in the house was gone because someone came in and stole everything. Not knowing what else to do I panicked and ran to the neighbors telling them to call the police.

I will never forget the image of my mother dead. I wake up every night in cold sweat because I saw her face in my dream.

Growing up I felt like no one loved and cared for me. Being in foster homes made me feel even worse. The kids there would beat me up and call me names. I was labeled as the whore because I was 13 and pregnant. I didn't know what to do and how to take care of a baby because I was just a baby myself. What made it worse was I didn't even know who the baby father was.

In the end I had lost my baby because I was beaten so bad and left for dead. After losing my baby I became depressed and ran away with nowhere to go.

Yes I was homeless but I was free. Now here I am at 21 years old and stripping. I have been stripping since I was 18. I am not proud of it but at least it is making me money.

I now have an apartment of my own that I share with my best friend Nyeli but we call her Red. We met at the strip club and she guided me showing me the ropes of the job.

Nyeli has always been here for me and she is family to me.

"Saige! Saige! Saige!"

Snapping out my thoughts I heard Nyeli yelling my name loudly.

"I'm sorry I blanked out. What did you say?"

Nyeli stood in front of me and sighed while crossing her arms. "Girl i've been calling your name for a minute now. I asked if you were ready to perform because were packed tonight and JD wants you to perform after Penelope."

I sighed loudly and rolled my eyes in aggravation. Why does JD do this to me? He knows i'm only supposed to be doing lap dances today.

"I feel like he does this purposely to me. He knows i'm not supposed to perform tonight and I just don't have the energy."

Nyeli took a seat beside me and patted my leg. "I feel you babygirl he has me bartending tonight and I was supposed to perform."

Typical JD. He is an asshole and an old creep. He made me clean the bathrooms and private rooms because I refused to perform oral sex on him. He literally gives me the chills.

The back stage door opened as Penelope walked in with a smug smirk on her face. I can't stand her. She thinks she runs everything because she is sleeping with JD. Yuck!

Penelope walked over to me and crossed her arms with a sly smirk on her face. "I hope you can top that Mercedes. They couldn't get enough of me."

Nyeli scowled and pointed in Penelope's face. "You better get out of here you white piece of trash. My best friend could top you off any day best believe that!"

Penelope gasped and swatted Nyeli's hand away from her face. "Who the fuck do you think you are?!"

Before Nyeli could say anything I grabbed her arm and stopped her.

"She's not even worth it."

"You got lucky this time bitch." Nyeli grunted at Penelope.

Penelope scoffed walking away with her heels clicking loudly on the floor.

We both looked at her disgustingly until she was out of sight.

"Now that she's gone I guess it's my turn to go up on stage." I said nervously. After three years of stripping I still get nervous to perform.

Nyeli could tell I was nervous so she grabbed both of my hands and looked me in the eyes. "You got this girl. Go up there and show your ass off."

Smiling I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. "Thank you girl I really needed the encouragement."

"Anytime i'm always here for you."

Pulling out the hug I stood up and fixed my outfit. This thong was really getting on my nerves.

Taking deep breaths I started to walk towards the door to the stage.

Here goes nothing...

"Let's get this money." I said loudly before walking on stage.