6

6

“What would you like to know first?” Elisa asked me as she sat down on a foot rest.

"Will I have to become a vampire?"

"That we aren't sure of. I had to and so did Elisa, but we were human." Nicu told me. "I will find out."

"So this witch and vampire mating is unheard of?"

"It happened once before."

"What happens during the mating?"

"Well first there is the claiming, where you and Dante will drink from each other's wrists. Once that is completed, it will look like you and him got tattoos of each others name on your wrist, but really it will be a claiming mark." I looked at Elisa's wrist and it had Sterling on it.

"Will that make me a vampire?"

"No, but it will give you keener senses."

"Then what?"

"Well you will mate and normally we turn the human into a vampire, but with you we aren't sure."

"How would you have turned me?"

"During the mating process, Dante would bite down on to you and take out just over half your blood while at the same time you drink his."

"While we're having sex?"

"Mating, but yes and it would then bind you two together forever."

"Is there like a limit to how much time we have before we have to...um...mate?"

"Well, sort of...you need to claim each other before the next full moon and then mate by the full moon after that."

"How long is it before the next full moon?"

"You have until the 19th of September, so about 3 weeks."

"That's time enough to get to know each other." I said as I looked up at Dante and he smiled at me before nodding. He sat down next to me and held my hand in his. I felt shocks and tingles go through my body when he touched me. My magic was on high alert and my whole body was jumping about while I was by him.

"What happened to the last witch and vampire pairing?"

"They were...um...well murdered just before the witch could give birth."

"They killed them? What will happen to us?"

"If you get pregnant then we will decide on the best course of action." Nicu told me.

"I don't want to die." I said in a low voice.

"You won't. I'm not going to let anything happen to you, I promise." Dante told me as he rubbed my palm with his thumb. I sighed as I leaned my head against his shoulder and he kissed my forehead.

"Do you know anything on what will happen when Dante and I mate?" I asked Nicu.

"I know that something will happen to you and Dante. You both will change."

"How?"

"I'm not all that sure, I'm sorry, but I will check and I will find out about you." Nicu reasured me and I gave him a faint smile.

"I trust you." I said softly as I cuddled into Dante's side. I know that I had only known this guy for a little while, but I needed him in my life so much. It hurt when he was away from me and my magic felt so much stronger when I was around him. I was stronger around him.

I looked down at my watch and sighed when I realised how late it was getting. "I have to go home." I sighed and Dante nodded.

"I'll drive you back."

"How will you get back?"

"Vampire." He chuckled as he pointed to himself and I smiled as we got up. He led me out of the house and into the car.

"I'm worried." I finally admitted to him when we were out of the house grounds.

"About the change?"

"I don't know what's going to happen to us. I mean, we'll both be going through a change and we only have 3 weeks until you have to bite me." I worried to Dante. He pulled over and looked at me. He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me. I instantly calmed down in his arms and pulled him close to me. His tongue teased my bottom lip and I let him in. I groaned as he played with me and grabbed on to my waist.

"Nothing bad is going to happen. I will always protect you, I promise." He told me and I nodded at him. I pulled back and he started up the car again.

He drove me all the way home and parked my car for me in the driveway. I got out and he handed me my bag. He kissed me up against the car and I groaned as I leaned into him. I pulled him to me and moaned out as I felt our tongues connect. God, what was he doing to me?

I pulled back to gasp for breath and then I kissed him again. I grabbed on to his shirt and pulled him to me. I needed him so badly and yet, I knew that we were going too fast. I put my hand to his chest and breathed out as the rush of hormones over took me.

"I'll be by to pick you up tomorrow. I want to show the whole school that you're mine." He huskily whispered to me and I felt like a melted puddle at his feet.

"Ok," I was barely able to whisper out. He kissed me one last time and then he was gone with the wind. I sighed as I regained myself and calmed down.

I went into my house and my mum was home. I was late and I didn't tell her where I went. I was in for it.

"Where have you been?" She asked me with her arms crossed over her chest.

"At a friends."

"Friends?" She looked at me shocked. I haven't been one for friends since dad died, so I understand her shock. "You made friends?"

"Yeah, 3 new kids came into my year and so I made friends."

"Oh, well...next time just call beforehand and let me know. I was worried out of my mind." She sighed as she relaxed. I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"I will mum, don't worry." I told her before going up to my room to study. Now I just needed to stop worrying about Dante and I.