16

I know, I know...I've been away too long and my excuse, although very lame, is that I have JUST finished my first year of University and plus I have terrible writers block...so here is the next chapter and hope you like it :D

......................................................

16

As I stared into the happily glinting eyes of my “husband”, I couldn’t help the feeling of worry that washed over me. I could see how happy he was about all of this, but that dream weighed heavily on my mind. I knew that my baby was in danger, but like a fool, I held on to that last glimmer of hope that my child would be safe. I prayed that I wasn’t having a boy and now those hopes are gone. I’m having a son and so now there is a stronger chance that the dream will come true too.

He can’t have him. I won’t let them. Even if I have to jump from place to place for the rest of my life, I will, for my son. Still, that dream haunted me. He was so young and he saved me. I’m meant to save him.

I should tell Dante about my dream. I need to be honest and now that it is positive that we are having a boy, it’s just more of a reason to tell him, but another part of me feels that this is my burden to bear. I had the dream, but Dante is his father.

I made my decision the moment that I looked into his happy green eyes. I wouldn’t tell him, not yet anyway. At least one of us should be happy and it is going to be him.

Dante took my hand and I plastered a happy smile on to my face as we made our way through the house to the living room. A blind man could see just how happy Dante was at the aspect of having a son. He was beaming like a Cheshire cat.

He sat me down and sat beside me as he rubbed my belly lovingly. He was whispering in low and hushed tones to the baby. He loved his son already. I could see he’s been waiting a long time for this. For me and for our son.

“So, names, do you have any ideas?” Dante asked me as he lifted his head up to look at me.

“No, none.” I said as I looked at him and hooked my hands together under my bump.

“Well, I brought a baby naming book for us to look through together, ok?”

“Sure.” I mumbled and nodded my head to him. He got up and rushed off to go get the book that he had been talking about.

He returned with a big blue baby book that said ‘Baby Names’ on it. It looked like it held every name imaginable.

Half of the book had pink pages and the second half had blue pages. Dante went to the middle and opened the book up.

“Let’s get started/” He beamed at me as he went down the list to look at names he liked.

“Brooklyn?” He suggested.