15

AN//So sorry I have been away for ages…I have had this here for a while, working on where I was taking it and school has taken over, as has my new boyfriend…but I am back and here to stay :D//

//Bella's dress on the side >>//

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap:

 “Welcome to Canada, my baby.” I said to my stomach as I lightly rubbed my stomach.

Dante unpacked everything for us and he made sure that everything was well spaced out. He set up our bedroom and put it in the master bedroom. He made sure that we had a hospital room with all the equipment that we were given and he made sure that I was comfortable while he did it. I told him to use his magic, but he told me that I needed it more than him and as much as I love all the attention, I am not an invalid. I could have put this house together a tenth faster than he did, but I daren’t say anything.

He was attentive and he was comforting. He was so sweet that he was making my teeth ache. I love him, I really do, but he won’t let me do anything. We had people over, our neighbours, because they were all really nice and wanted to do the whole house warming thing. I wanted to get everyone drinks, but he did it, telling me to sit down and relax.

“That’s an attentive husband that you have there.” Our neighbour across from us, Mrs Lands, told me and I nodded at her. I was about to say that he was my boyfriend when I remembered that I had the huge rock on my ring finger and so I was married.

“Yes, he is.” I mumbled. I didn’t want to seem winey, but he was pushing it when it came to all the molly-cuddling.

“How long have you been married, dear?” My next door neighbour, on the right, Ms Chester, asked me.

“6 months.” I replied courteously and Dante returned with the drinks for them.

“So you are still in the honeymoon stage of it all?”

“Yes, ma’am.” I replied as Dante handed around drinks. I was 7 weeks into my pregnancy, which was 14 weeks to humans and we’d been able to settle in for about 10 days before the neighbours came knocking. I had a rounded bump and so I wore clothes that hid it. I wore a lot of jumpers and baggy clothes because of it being Canada. It was a good excuse and when I started to show more, we would have to say that I was later into my pregnancy than we thought and I hadn’t shown. We would then say that the baby was early. It was a little far fetch, even I thought that, but it was all we had. I just reminded myself not to touch my stomach or draw attention to it.

Once the neighbours finally left, I took off the jumper I had on and the baggy top too to change into a short sleeved top that showed off my bump. I was baking. Dante started to clear away and so I helped, but he tried to stop me.

“Dante, I’m pregnant, not an invalid. I can carry a few cups. I am only 7 weeks pregnant.” I told him calmly and clearly, but he tried to fight me on it. I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. “Dante, I am only going to say this once more. I’M PREGNANT, NOT DISABLED!” He seemed to understand when my magic went dark and turned my hair black as well as when my fangs came out.

“Ok, ok honey, I’m sorry.” He said calmly and I breathed out. I felt myself calm down, but now my vampire was on edge. I hadn’t eaten in days. I didn’t need to as much as other vampires like Sterling, but Dante and I did still need to feed.

“Dante, I’m hungry.”

“Ok, would you like some cookies? Pizza? Pasta?”

“No Dante, I’m hungry.” I elongated the word and smiled at him to show him my fangs.