22

Recap:

Graham Vixen:

They’re gone. They are off the face of this earth or so it seems and there is nothing I can do to find them. I have stretched my limits, looked for answers and surveyed every lead, but there is nothing left. They are just…gone. But I will find them. I will. I will not rest till this is over and that baby is dead.

He will die.

5 YEARS ON

Bella’s POV:

It’s been 5 years since I had Kellien and we currently don’t live in Hawaii anymore, we moved out of there when Kellien was 18 months. We were doing fine, having fun and being a family when we heard that vampires were closing in on us. We knew for a fact that not many vampires lived on this island and that none of them lived anywhere near us, so when we saw some around, we decided to pack up and run. It was really sad leaving there and leaving where Kellien had done a lot of firsts, but I didn’t want to risk them finding him again.

While we were in Hawaii, Kellien had taken his first steps when he was a year old and it was actually on his birthday.

*FLASHBACK*

It was the evening of Kellien’s first birthday party and I was sitting with Kellien on my lap. He’d been crawling around for a few days now and so we’d had to baby proof the place. Kellien was getting into everything and so I was glad that he was being so mesmerized by all the decorations to not grab anything, namely my hair, which has had to be in a plat for months now ever since he learnt how to grab.

We had just cut up the cake and Kellien had practically smashed his into his face, which caused me to have to clean him up. I had set him in my lap, but he was squirming a lot and I had to put him down.

“Oh Kellien, stop squirming.” I said as I placed him on his hands and knees on the floor. He turned to me and smiled.

“Mama.” He mumbled and I nodded to him. He’d learnt a few words already like ‘mama, dada, no and yes.’

“Kell, come to dada.” Dante clapped his hands together to get him to come to him. Kellien looked at his dad and crawled towards him as Dante was across the room from me. Kellien then decided to stop and push himself up on to his feet before taking his first few careful steps towards his dad.

“Oh my god! Get the camera!” Annie screamed as Nicu handed her the camera and she started recording Kellien walking towards his dad.

I watched as my son walked over to Dante, who had his arms out stretched ready to catch our son and Kellien walked straight into Dante’s waiting arms. Dante hugged our son close to his chest and picked him up. I rushed over to Kellien and kissed his forehead.

“Oh I am so proud of you, my darling. Mama is so proud.” I told my son and smiled at him. He’d taken his first steps.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

It was where he had also learned to talk a little more, where we had first started to send him to school and where he’d started to learn to read from block books. He loved to scribble and would throw tantrums now too sometimes. He can form more coherent words and talks more. He likes to play outside with a football and his dad. We were starting to potty train him and do other little things. He was right on track with all the development stages and some he even did faster than he should.