14

Recap:

“The vampire council.”

“So?”

“They want to kill you Bella and the baby.” Elisa said to me. “And they are coming here.”

I stared at Elisa with shock and worry. It radiated through me and I knew that I was as good as dead if I stayed here. I turned to Dante and buried my face into his chest. I sobbed and he calmly rubbed my back, telling me soothing words.

"What do we do?" I asked as I wiped my eyes. "I can't stay here."

"I agree, Nicu is talking of hiding you."

"What about you guys? They will call you traitors." I worried.

"Don't worry; we are out of here too. We're all going to split up. Go in twos."

"What if they capture us?"

"Link us; remember we can talk through telepathy with family.”

“I hate this. I hate them.” I moaned as I hugged Elisa to me. “I can’t imagine being away from you.”

“I know, me neither, but we also have an idea how to keep us all safe.”

“What?”

“It includes you and Dante.”

“Anything.”

“A spell, a protection and cloaking spell on us, so that no one supernatural can see us or smell us or find us.”

“Is that all?” Elisa nodded to me. “Ok, hold on.” I got quickly changed into a flowing gypsy top and an elasticated black skirt before rushing over to my altar.

Everything was here, so I lit the candles and took my athame before walking around the circle saying “With this sacred blade I cast the circle of my craft. May it be a doorway to a sacred circle beyond time and space. Let it be a meeting place for all good, and may it deter all wickedness.”

I stood back in front of my altar and picked up my bell to say “In the names of the Goddess and the Horned God, I cast this my working circle.” Afterwards, I rang the bell and then returned to the north of the altar and raised my blade high into the air. “Bear witness, Spirits of the North, guardians of Wicca.” I did this at the other 3 points for south, east and west.

I stood before my altar and put my bowl of salt on my pentagram before lowering my blade into the bowl. “I exorcise thee, so that it may be purified and may aid me well.” Then I put the bowl of water on the pentagram and took a pinch of salt to sprinkle into the water. I placed my athame into the water. “I cleanse and consecrate thee, Water of Life, and ask you to bless this circle. In the names of the Goddess and the Horned God, so mote it be!”

I picked up the consecrated water and slowly walked around the circle clockwise, sprinkling water along the line of the circle as I said “I consecrate this sacred circle by the powers of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. May the Goddess bestow her love herein, and the Horned God his honour.” I then took the chalice, poured a small amount in the saucer for the Goddess and Horned God before taking a sip myself and giving some to Dante. I put the chalice back on the pentagram.

“I need you guys to stand in the circle with us.” Elisa nodded and went to get our family.

“Are you sure you can do this?”

“This? Parlour trick, with you here, I can do anything.”

Elisa returned with Sterling, Nicu and Antoinette. They all stood around the circle with Dante and I. Dante and I held hands and then I started chanting.