Cuddles by the campfire-Owen x Matilda Sickfic

WARNING!!! THERE MAY BE SPOILERS FOR THE SKULLDUGGERY ISLAND BOOK! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!
In this one, Owen gets sick on a camping trip and Matilda cares for him so well!
Sickie: Owen Christopher
Caretaker: Matilda
Enjoy!!

This was amazing. Owen's dad was taking Owen and Matilda on a camping trip. Matilda looked out of the window, admiring the beautiful landscape of trees and shrubs. She looked over at Owen. "Isn't it gorgeous?" she asked him. "Mhm," he mumbled. "Oh, come on, Owen. You've got to enjoy it more than that!" Matilda exclaimed. Really, Owen did enjoy it about as much as her, he just wasn't in the mood to take in the sights. Owen closed his eyes and leaned his head against the window, hoping that the nausea he was experiencing was just motion sickness.

"We're here!" Matilda said excitedly as she hopped out of the van. Owen slowly dragged himself out. He just wasn't feeling it. It was beautiful, but something had been bothering him all day, he just couldn't tell what. Grabbing a bottle of water from the trunk of the van, he started to chug it like there was no tomorrow. It's probably just dehydration, he thought. He then went to follow his friend into the forest to set up their tents.

The rest of the day went on like that, with the rest of the group building a fire pit. Owen did manage to eat a little, but that was as far as he got. Finally, it was time for him to get some sleep. He snuggled deep into his sleeping bag next to Matilda, and they both fell asleep.

Owen woke up in the middle of the night. His insides felt like those machines at the hardware store that shake up paint cans. His head was also spinning and he felt dizzy. He shakily got up and over to Matilda, shaking her shoulder. Matilda groaned and rolled over. "Matilda, wake up, I don't feel good," he whimpered.

She finally woke up and looked at Owen.
"Hm? What's wrong? Are you okay? Are you sick?" She asked. Owen nodded, hanging his head low. "Awww, poor baby," she started to wrap her arms around him, and he buried his face in her chest, his chest heaving in rapid, panicked sobs. "Ohhh, what's wrong? Do you feel sick?" He nodded, shaking. She began to wipe his tears, but he put both hands over his mouth. Oh crud, Matilda thought, rushing him out of the tent.

Leaning against a tree, he threw up in a bush, his shoulders shaking as Matilda held him up. She rubbed his back and pulled back his bright blonde hair. Now Matilda could see why he had been acting so weird earlier. He hadn't been feeling good. "Are you done?" She asked. He gave her a shaky nod. "Let's go back to the tent, okay?" She picked him up and carried him back to the tent, where they both got some rest.

Awww this is so cute I can't 🤩
For my next one I'm going to do Captain Crawfish and Morgan! I ship them!

❤️AoyamaCheezBoi