Panic Attack-Oliver and Jorge

In this story, Oliver gets a panic attack and Jorge calms him down :)

Oliver covered his ears. He was extremely overwhelmed. He panted, unable to catch his breath or even breathe. His chest squeezed, his heart pounded, his stomach ached with nausea. Jorge, his best friend, approached him slowly. "Dude, are you okay?" He asked.

"N-no..." Oliver choked out, tears running down his face. "I-I can't... I... I can't...." He sobbed and sank to his knees, trembling with grief. Jorge looked at him, his face wrought with grief and concern as he knelt down next to him. "It's too much... it's too much...." He murmured through shaking breaths as he buried his head in Jorge's chest.

"Dude, you're shaking. Take a breath. What's too much?" Jorge asked calmly. "Everything... I can't breathe... I... I..." he stammered through tears, his body trembling hysterically. He buried his head back in Jorge's chest to no avail. He sobbed even harder and started to panic. "I just..." He couldn't bring himself to say the words. He sobbed even harder, choking and gagging on his own sobs.

"Oliver, I know what's going on. You're having a panic attack. I'm going to help you, okay?" Jorge told him calmly. "H-how...?" Oliver sobbed between choking breaths, shaking uncontrollably. He looked up at Jorge with red-rimmed eyes that were filled with sadness. "How will you help if I can't breathe?" "Oliver, just listen to my voice, okay? I know it feels like you can't breathe, but that's just your brain tricking you. I'm going to help you, okay?" Jorge kept his voice calm and soothing. Oliver nodded, clinging tightly to Jorge and whimpering. He tried to focus on Jorge's voice, but it was so hard to breathe and to think. He closed his eyes, biting his lip and gripping the fabric of Jorge's sweater tightly as he tried to focus on what he was saying. 

"Can you try and take a deep breath?" Jorge asked. "I...I can try...." Oliver whispered. He took a deep breath, in... and out... in... and out. He let himself relax a little, his chest finally unclenching and his body loosening. "Are you in pain?" Jorge asked. "My stomach hurts..." Oliver sobbed. "And my head is spinning....." He shook his head, closing his eyes again. "A stomachache is normal, bud. It's okay," Jorge calmed him down.

"It's normal...?" Oliver asked, his voice cracking with sobs. He looked up at Jorge through blurry eyes, feeling somewhat better but still very overwhelmed by the whole experience. He leaned against Jorge's shoulder, shaking with the aftershocks of panic. "Mhm! I used to get panic attacks a lot. They don't feel nice, but it goes away after a while," Jorge explained. Oliver suddenly flinched and covered his ears. "Oliver, what's wrong?" Jorge asked.

"Loud noise..." Oliver whimpered, his panic flaring again at the sudden commotion. He covered his ears tightly, shaking as he trembled against Jorge's body. "Too loud..." He buried his head back in Jorge's sweater as the tears rolled down his cheeks. "Too loud..."

"Is it too loud for you?" Jorge asked. "Yes..." Oliver sobbed, clutching at his ears and covering his face. "Too loud.... TOO LOUD!" He felt so overwhelmed and scared and couldn't calm himself back down. His entire body shook with panic as tears streamed down his face once again. "Oliver, it's okay, take a deep breath. Is it hurting your ears?" Jorge asked as he rubbed Oliver's back.

"Too loud and... and too bright...." He cried, his voice breaking. He clung tightly to Jorge, sobbing desperately and shaking from so much terror and fear. Panic gripped his mind and body as he tried in vain to breathe, tears and snot streaming down his face as he felt the world spinning around him.

He had never felt so scared in his life, and he had no way of explaining it as he trembled wildly and screamed into Jorge's chest. "Shhhh. Oliver, it's okay. You're okay. Just take a breath. Focus on my voice. I'm going to take you somewhere quiet, okay?" Jorge tried to keep Oliver calm.