30. INNOCENT FLOWER

2016 | HYDRA BASE — "Are you awake Siren?" Strucker asked, an exhausted Ariel, trying to get her to consciousness

2016 | HYDRA BASE — "Are you awake Siren?" Strucker asked, an exhausted Ariel, trying to get her to consciousness. In vain she tried with all her might to open her tired eyes. "How are you feeling?" the old man asked curiously. "It hurts..." it hurts so much.The girl breathed out painfully, because every little breath was difficult and unsettling. It all felt so different. It all felt so painful. How much suffering, did she have to endure until it's finally over? How much suffering until she can't feel anything anymore?

Is James, okay? she still thought of him...

"What is that?" With blurred vision, she stared at Strucker, who was next to her. She felt dull, almost numb. "Some salt water, some seaweed extract... just the usual. We injected you with some more Siren serum." He explained proudly. How much more, and she will be dead?

"They thought I was crazy to inject you again with it, but I think you can do more than you pretend... You may look like an innocent little flower, my dear Siren. But you're the serpent under it!" Ariel slowly tried to raise her hand and noticed two ice-cold metal plates on both her temples, which were connected with thin cables. "Leave it on!" Right now it was difficult for her to stay awake, let alone move. The lab was dark and suffocating. Her breathing very weak, as was her body. There was a tight harness around her waist that kept her from running but also cut off her oxygen. "These ones show me your brain activity." He explained and prepared everything at another table. "First we have to get your mind racing. We have to get from a theta wave to a gamma wave."

"Please..." she begged him not to do it. But without even batting an eye, the scientist turned to her and started his plan. He turned to a device that was on the table that stood next to him and flipped the switch slightly to the right. "Feel something already?" He asked. She nodded as best as she could and felt a small tingling, which spread more and more in her head.

Next he pressed a second button that played a low but shrill sound coming from the metal plates. However, Ariel was the only one who could hear it. Strucker turned the two knobs again, increasing her brain activity. He looked proudly at the monitor and saw the drastic changes in the brainwaves. "AHHHH." Ariel squealed through her teeth, in pain. She wanted to scream but it hurt her too much. "Stop!" she cried, but Strucker continued to push the buttons and waited tensely.