18

5 years later
In the last five years a lot of things had changed starting with Elena and Kol were finally together and things were going good for them. She had let down her barriers and she was happy with him. And they were raising their twin daughters one who was a mama’s girl Melanie and one who was a daddy’s girl Makayla.

Katherine had finally stopped worrying that Silas was only with her because she was identical to Amara and she was letting herself be happy. She had even introduced him to her sister and their crazy new family. And she was happy to raise their son Kameron together.

Caroline after giving birth to Lizzie and Josie who she got pregnant with after going to Alaric’s wedding she had finally gotten with Klaus and she was happy with him. He cared about what she wanted and he wanted to be with her he choose to be with her.

After seeing Elena finally give in Hayley had decided that maybe the girls had been right and that Elijah was good for her. She was happy and she had decided to try it with him and it was going great.

After arguing and deciding that the compound wasn’t the best place to raise the kids and that it would be infact dangerous. They moved to a safer residence.

“And we are positive that we want to put them in the boarding school?” They knew that they had all discussed this but was it really what they wanted to do. Send the kids to a boarding school with people that wouldnt even like them.

“We are not having this talk again they are going to the boarding school.” They had this discussion and they were sending hem taht was it that was all nothing was about to change now. 

"Elena-"

"No they are looking forward to this we are not taking that from them." She knew that it was going to be good for the kids and good for the adults to be away from them. "Be nice and wish them well because they leave tomorrow and that is the end of this discussion."

"Fine." He knew that their was no way that he was going to win this fight. She did have a point all of the kids had been happy about the idea of going to the boarding school and he didn't want to take that from them.

--
They were watching all the kids run around and play. Yeah they were going to miss them while they were at school but it was the best thing for them right now.

"I feel like something is about to happen." Katherine wasn't sure what it was yet but something was coming and she had the feeling that they weren't prepared for it.

Freya nodded in agreeance she had the strange feeling something was about to happen. And whenever she had one of those feelings it never turned out for the best. "You're not the only one."

Caroline looked at the two witches they had been doing so good without any problems and now here was a big one. "Please don't say that we have come so far."

"Whatever it is we can go through it together we always do."

They could get through anything as long as they had each other.

Little did they know not all of them would have each other and the end of this.