24

Elena picked up her phone and dialed a number that Kat had left for her. She hadn't heard her best friends voice in years. But she was the best person to talk to right now. She was still trying to figure out what wsa going to happen. But she knew one thing Katherine was right it was time for her to finally come home. She hadn't seen Melani in a decade it was time for her to reunite with her daughter.

Caroline almost hadn't answered the phone but something told her that she should. She could hear her niece downstairs and she knew that she wasn't doing well. She had wanted for so long for her mother to come back. And she had so much faith that now that they had found her she was going to come back. "Hello."

She sighed after all these years of thinking all of them to be dead that wasn't the case. She was hearing her best friends voice the girl that had been with her through a lot of hard times. The girl that she had believe to be dead for the last century. "Care."

She had heard that she was alive but without seeing or hearing her really it didn't seem real at the time. "Lena."

"Hi." She knew that everyone was going to have a lot to talk about but that was going to have to wait.

"Where are you?" She heard that she was in Mystic Falls and that Makayla went to the boarding school. But she had never seen either or if she did she never recongnized either of them.

She was looking around the house she knew that her sister was right it was time to go home and packing was the first step. "At my house looking at boxes."

"Your coming back?" She hoped that the answer was yes but she knew that she couldn't force her into coming back it was her choice and her choice only.

"Yeah." She had made up her mind she was going home where she should have always been back to her family back to her daughter back to the love of her life. But right now before she got there she wanted to talk to her daughter she could only imagine how hard this was for her. "Is Melani there?"

"Yeah there downstairs." Caroline understood her being worried about her daughter she hadn't seen her in over a decade.

"Can i talk to her?" She really wanted to talk to her earlier she had been shocked now she was better.

Caroline knew that this was going to be a lot for everyone except she knew that it was worse for Elena Kol and the twins them being seperated and everything. "Yeah."
--
Caroline flashed downstairs making everyone glare at her for interuptin the current argument that was currently going on. She walked over to Melani she knew that she wasn't going to pass up the chance to talk to her mom. "Mel it's for you. It's your mom."

Melani took the phone putting it to her ear hearing her mother's voice had surprised her especially since she believed her to be dead. But now she was terrified that her mother was going to tell her that she wasn't coming back. She needed her mom back. "Mom."

Elena truly missed her daughter she wished that things wouldn't have gone the way that they had. That she could have stayed with her family and that none of them would have been seperated. "Hey baby."

"Are you coming home?" She was scared of the answer was but she knew that had to ask she needed to know what her mother's answer was going to be. She knew that she wasn't the only one waiting on the answer that the rest of her family wanted to know too.

Elena knew that she had to go home she needed to be with her family again. Even with the hard times that her and Makayla have had she knew that this was waht the both of them needed to be home with their loved ones. With their family. "I'm coming home your aunt is going to find your sister and then we are both going to be back."

"She's not there?" She had swore that Makayla was there she was there a few hours ago and now she wasn't. It confused her on why her sister wouldn't still be with their mother.