My maid's best friend!

There was a gray overcast, as if there was a thin blanket in the sky, blocking out the sun.  

Momo and Kyoka were sitting next to each other on the roof. They were both a bit anxious for separate reasons... 

She fixed her loose strand of hair, while she twirled her earjack around her finger. 

"K-Kyoka, I've been meaning to talk to you about something." 

Jiro shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, letting go of her earjack "It's about Midoriya, huh? Well, don't worry he already told me that he's your personal client. I guess if anyone had to be it, that dude is the best choice. That dork wouldn't even know what to do." She let out a chuckle thinking of Izuku's innocent nature. 

Momo's face flushed bright red, thinking of everything they had done together. 'He's not innocent at all! W-Wait, neither am I!' She cleared her throat as she tried to suppress her blush. 

"Well yes this is about that also, but there is more to it." Momo waited until Jiro faced in her direction. "Y-You see, over the past few days of being his maid and getting to know each other better, our relationship developed past friendship..."

"Eh." She spoke in a sarcastic voice until she realized Momo was serious. Kyoka had a flabbergasted expression. "You're dating Midoriya." And then she spoke in a deadpan expression, "But like, why?"

"Why? Well, there are various reasons, but I guess the main one is that," Momo couldn't help but giggle as her heart fluttered simply thinking of Izuku, "Because when I'm with him, it feels like I'm home..." 

Kyoka wasn't expecting a proper answer and was taken back by the earnest emotion presented by Momo. Kyoka ruffled the back of her hair, trying to be genuine too, "Well I mean if that's the case, I'm happy for you, especially considering everything that has happened... Besides, it's been pretty obvious with how close you and Midoriya have been getting." She then lowered her hand to her earjack, twirling it around her finger again, staring off with a downcast expression. "Just don't forget about me too, okay?" Finishing off with a hopeless chuckle.          

"Of course, I could never forget about you, Kyoka! I know we haven't spent enough time together lately but you'll always be one of my most cherished friends!" And her voice had that radiant charm causing Kyoka to crack a smirk and roll her eyes until Momo finished her thoughts. "Oh, I know! We can spend time together, serving Master!" 

"Kyaa!? M-Master?!" Kyoka's earjacks spiraled in blushing confusion. 'Is she talking about Midoriya?' 

Then Momo's eyes widened as her face beamed a hot red. "P-Pardon... You weren't supposed to hear that. It just has a tendency to come out unexpectedly." Just like her neko-ears!

But due to Momo's embarrassed bashful nature Kyoka could only think one thing, 'Must protect!' She had to shake her head to clear her thoughts and refocus on the situation. She had wanted to talk to Momo about Midoriya not being aware of her problem at home. Her earjacks coiled a bit nervously as she tried to bring up the subject without being blunt like she usually would be. "Well dude, it sounds like you and Midoriya are really getting along. But I mean, if you guys are dating, have you told him why you started interning with the Pussycats? Or has he even asked why?" 

Momo's cheerful blushing expression had become seldom after hearing the concern in her friend's voice. "Oh, that... Actually he did ask about why I was working as a maid on the first day he hired me and all I could do was lash out at him..."                           

Kyoka winced with a tinge of guilt because even after only a day with him, she could tell that he really cared for Momo. 'Crap I also snapped at Midoriya on my first day as his maid and it was about the same thing too.' She let out a weak chuckle, "Oof, I may have done the same thing to the poor guy after he told me you were his maid."

Momo let out a gasp. "Kyoka, you didn't?!"

She let out a sheepish sigh. "Well, I mean I was worried about you, dude." And then explained yesterday's events when she first showed up at his place in a maid outfit. "Don't worry, I didn't tell him anything specific but I mean, don't you think you're going to have to tell him eventually?" 

Momo glanced off to the side as she fixed her loose strand of hair before clasping her hands together as she closed her eyes in a semblance of a worried prayer. 

"I know but what if I tell him... and he stops being Izuku..." 

Kyoka raised an eyebrow, "Huh? I'm not sure I follow." 

Momo opened her eyes and separated her hands away from each other, she turned her head in Kyoka's direction, "It's just, ever since I became his maid, it feels like the Izuku I've gotten to know is completely different from the one that the rest of the hero world knows... It's foolish I know but I'm worried that if I tell him what's wrong, then it won't be Izuku who's there for me anymore... It'll be Deku, who'll think that he has to save me... And I don't want that... I don't need a hero, Kyoka... I'm supposed to be one for myself... Deku can save the rest of the world... But I just want him to be Izuku to me, simply Izuku..." 

But then she started to let a few sniffling giggles. "Oh god look at me, I'm rambling just like him." She shook her head before wiping her eyes. "None of what I said makes sense does it?"

Jiro felt a bit uncomfortable seeing her friend being so open about her concerns but also had to be honest. "Actually no, I really don't get it. But if that's what you feel like you need to do then I got your back."  

"Thank you, Kyoka." She appreciated her friend's support as they went back to hanging out as they waited for Master. 

Izuku Midoriya felt like he was forgetting something. He had bought the food, 'And we took care of the problem with Mineta and Kaminari yesterday, I mean there's also Momo's thing but I just have to be patient about that, and maybe Jiro is willing to help. I have to find the best possible solution for Momo. Hopefully their talk went well and Momo tells her we're dating. Why does it still feel like I'm forgetting something important?' 

Just as he was walking down the hall, Eraserhead was walking past him. "Oi, Midoriya, don't forget about what we talked about yesterday at the faculty office, Eri is really excited to visit you." 

"Eh?" Blink, blink. "How could I forget about Eri!? I really am the worst! I have to go tell Momo!"