My maid made a request..?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Hm, ugh... what?" Camie's eyes were breaking open to a bright light as her eyes adjusted. "The hospital..?"  She was gaining consciousness in a blur as her memories came back in a haze. 

"Eri!" 

 She struggled to get up through the pain, wincing in a hiss. There was a soft squeeze to her hand. She instantly stopped from the familiar feeling. She gave up trying to get up as she stared at the sleeping person that was still holding her hand. He had told her that Eri was okay, right?  

"...I-zu-ku..."         

Then she remembered everything. She closed her eyes resting her head back on the pillow. Her lips pulled up into a smile, realizing it was okay. Everything was okay... 

But her lips struggled to stay smiling as they began to pull down in fragile quivers. She kept her eyes shut but that didn't stop the salty liquid from coming out and trailing down her cheeks. Her voice could only tremble from the surreal outcome. 

"We're really all alive..." She was sure that... "I... I didn't want to die..." 

But most of all, "Eri is going to be okay..!" 

Izuku had been asleep, sitting on a chair with his head resting on the side of the bed. He was starting to wake up due to the sound and commotion on the bed. Camie noticed it, so she used the hand that he wasn't holding to wipe her face and clear her eyes, hoping he didn't hear the sniffle she was trying to hide. 

"H-Huh, C-Camie..?" Izuku lifted his head from the bed as he woke up. As his eyes cleared, he focused on the person on the bed, thinking he had heard her, then their eyes met. "Camie!" His voice broke out with relief, not realizing that he was squeezing her hand tight. 

"Wazzup." She chuckled with a grin, letting him know she was okay. She started to try and sit up but Izuku instantly helped her before she even began to struggle.   

His eyes got teary as couldn't help but to laugh along, "Why are you so stupid during these moments?" Struggling to not cry like he usually would.   

"I'm always dumb, fam."  

"I'm being serious here... Camie, y-you could have... I could have los-, Camie please don't do anything like that ever again."  Izuku said that as he fully helped her up, sitting at the edge of the bed with his body turned to her. 

"Chill bro, we're 'supposed' to be heroes right, like saving people and stuff like that? So no cap, I'll probably yeet my life away like it's nothing." She chimed with her usual ditzy self, blowing a pink bubble gum bubble.

"It's not nothing!" Izuku emotionally barked. Her bubble popped into mist from shock at his harsh tone, her eyes wide, staring at his liquid ones. He leaned towards her as he continued with a softer, yet just as weighted voice. "Even if you are joking, don't say something like that... Even if we are heroes, you can't just throw away your life like that... Even if you think you have to... I'll never let you go through that again..." 

"I-zu-ku..?" Camie didn't know why but her eyes were starting to sting as a liquid bubbled over the fragile surface. She thought she could only be vulnerable when she was alone, like earlier when Izuku was asleep, but now...

They were still holding hands as he said it with compassionate resolve, his tears already spilling. "I promise, I'll always be there for you, Camie!"                  

She could only react with raw emotion. She embraced him, mashing her forehead against his, shadowing both their eyes. 

And in the moment they did the only thing they could do. 

...They wept in each other's arms...

 "Oi, stop calling me that, it makes me feel old." Camie groaned as she held Eri up in her arms, closing an annoyed eye as Eri kissed the cheek on that side.  

"Don't worry, if that ever does happen I can make you young again with my quirk." Eri giggled as she played with the illusionary bubble gum balloon Camie had already made for her. 

"Oi, where did you get those ideas? Eri you shouldn't use your quirk like that." Izuku light-heartedly scolded with a chuckle as he patted Eri's head. 

"Oi, maybe I should take advantage of that ability too." Rumi schemed as she stood next to them, letting Eri play with her bunny ear. 

Eri giggled before at the love around her, before she asked, "We're going to watch the fireworks together, right?"   

Momo Yaoyorozu had shadowed eyes as she seemingly went ignored. Everyone was bundled around Camie... 

She fixed her earlier stance as if it had never happened. She turned to the group, feeling completely isolated from them. Only able to stare at them from a distance. 

'I don't know why but in that moment I realized why I felt like a looking glass whenever Camie was around... It was because I was always the one outside looking in... I was just simply too focused on Izuku to see the bigger picture... It's not my family... It's hers...' 

And in that moment of self-realization, Camie's eyes began to focus on Momo until their eyes met as if aware of Momo's thoughts, giving her that typical ditzy stare with slow blinking eyes. The same stare she gave her when Momo was re-introduced as Izuku's girlfriend. 

And yet for some reason, it could only unnerve Momo.

Blink...

Blink... 

Blink...

'That's right... I don't have my family anymore...'  

But the moment ended as Izuku answered Eri's question. "That's right! Even Momo is going to join us, it sounds fun right?" 

Momo forced herself to remain composed as reality set back in for her. She cleared her throat as if clearing her thoughts. She walked up to the group, leaning a bit towards Eri, "Yes, it'll be just like the day at the park, remember?" And she did her best to give a natural smile. 

Eri stared at her a bit confused until her memory came back to her, happily greeting Momo. "Kitty!" As she reached out and played with her neko ears.

Momo had to pretend that it didn't affect her, that she was simply remembered as that. 

"Yes, that's right sweetie, o-ow! Please don't pull on them." Momo winced actually feeling pain from having her neko ears being pulled for some reason. "If you let go I'll give you a candy apple, I made just for you." 

"Really?" Eri asked in delight, instantly letting go of her ears.

"Yes, I'll go get it, right away!" Momo giggled at the adorable girl's actions. And for a moment she forgot what she had been thinking about earlier. Momo Yaoyorozu began to head away from the area happily going to get Eri's treat. 

"Yay!" Eri cheered throwing her hands up, still in Camie's arms. 

"Aren't you excited for the fireworks festival?" Camie began to ask Eri as Momo began to leave the room but she said it just before she could leave completely, "We're going to watch it like a family?

"I can't wait, Mommy!" Eri cheered. 

And Momo walked away with shadowed eyes... 

It was late at night.

 There was a knock on the door... And it quietly continued. 

"Who the fuck is that at this hour?" Getting out of bed to check who it was. A yawn followed the footsteps that had reached the door, checking the peephole, "What the-!" 

The door swung open. 

"Yaomomo, what are you-," And before Kyoka Jiro could even ask why Momo Yaoyorozu was at her place she interrupted her with a desperate hug as she could only cry her requests.

"Is it okay if I sleep here tonight? And... can I watch the fireworks with you and everyone else..?"