21

Lu Feng could not quite help the small smirk curling against his lips. The thought of Xiao Chen ever asking such a thing had fled his mind with how stubborn the other could be. He had not hoped for such a visceral reaction when he finally took Xiao Chen. Granted, he supposed there were many things going through the poor man's mind right now, and Lu Feng was sure part of that was just how much power Lu Feng actually had over him. It was probably because of this he was now seeing different sides of Xiao Chen. As much as such a thought pained to admit, it was not because Xiao Chen truly saw him as someone that would protect him. It was mostly because he was scared of what he was going to do to him from now on. Lu Feng would take what he could get, for now, though.

It was not much, really, considering that the question was not borne from any sense of love or loyalty, but more towards fear. Either way, it worked for his purposes, at least for now and he could focus on the nuances later on. For now, this was good. A desire to be good, to do a good job, while it is not the same reasoning behind it that Lu Feng would have liked, it was really just the effect that mattered. Right now, either way Xiao Chen wanted to be good, and that was what he cared for the most, because it was what was going to push his next plot a bit further, though things were working a bit faster than he had previously anticipated.

He hummed softly as he gently stroked the man's cheek. Xiao Chen was watching him with a mix of terrified, pleading, and tear filled eyes. It was...beautiful. Lu Feng knew that Xiao Chen was beautiful either way, and this would definitely not change that, but still...seeing it? It was something else to know that Xiao Chen was beautiful and then to see him in these moments. Tears were always something that made Xiao Chen look beautiful. It was definitely something to boast of, considering Lu Feng did not know many who looked beautiful with tear stained cheeks, and reddened eyes, along with puffy lids covering their sight. However, there was just something in the way that the tears clung to Xiao Chen's eyelashes that mystified him, and made him long to see more.

"Have you been good?" Lu Feng hummed softly, as though he were contemplating the question. He glanced down to stare closer at Xiao Chen, humming softly as he carded his fingers through his hair, moving away from the reddened cheeks. He sighed out softly, watching as Xiao Chen slowly got more tensed up the longer that he went without answering the question. It was so easy to rile Xiao Chen up. His anxiety was endearing, but also somewhat agitating at the same time. It was hard to really coerce other emotions from someone who was always so uptight and anxious. Then again, Xiao Chen had always been like this, and seeing him get so unnerved was always a bit of the fun in the first place. It forced a normally completely composed person to lose control of themselves and how they reacted. Lu Feng had always been fond of that.

It was also important to note that actions that Xiao Chen made whilst still anxious were of great value to him. Therefore, making the man anxious and then watching how he chose to react or act in any given situation was definitely valuable input. Lu Feng used that information well in the past, and he would make great use of the information he would gather now as well. Barring that, he truly is beautiful when sad and anxious. Lu Feng thought privately to himself as he gazed down at Xiao Chen, well, more like stared but it was not as though Xiao Chen was going to be able to do anything about it, still trembling and waiting for an answer to his question. He is beautiful all of the time, but for some reason...it just...explodes when he is upset, or anxious, or sad. Such things...truly, really, I enjoy watching them, but at the same time...I suppose it is somewhat worriesome that he is so...unnerved all of the time. Despite the use that I put it too.

"Yes, you have. You have done quite well this time, Xiao Chen." Lu Feng decided to have mercy on the man and agree. He made sure to place some emphasis on this time, as it would ensure potential obedience from Xiao Chen in the future. It may not work, but Lu Feng was glad enough that things were working somewhat more so this time than normal.

"C-Can y-you t-take them off now? P-Please." Xiao Chen muttered softly, staring up at him with pleading eyes. Lu Feng sighed heavily, as though it were merely a chore for him.

"Can I? Well, I suppose I can, of course." Lu Feng leaned over, gently tugging on the ropes, watching as Xiao Chen gasped in pain.

"L-Lu F-Feng p-please." Xiao Chen managed to stop himself before he did something horribly stupid, but Lu Feng heard it all the same.

"Oh? Please?" Lu Feng's light laugh filtered through the room, leaving Xiao Chen nothing to do but shudder silent as ever, watching Lu Feng carefully, hoping against anything that the other would have some form of mercy, even if it was highly unlikely. After yet another whimper from Xiao Chen, Lu Feng relented, slowly and methodically untying the ropes around his wrists. He had to go slowly, or else he risked ripping the already rubbed raw and slightly bleeding skin. He did not really want to do more medical stuff on the boy than he truly already needed too, and he definitely would have to patch up Xiao Chen's wrists, because he did not want to risk permanent damage.

"T-Thank you," Xiao Chen whispered, tears still clinging to his eyes as he said the words. Lu Feng wanted to roll his eyes almost, but he did not, luckily. It would set back his progress quite a bit, which was something he did not need. He was just barely getting Xiao Chen to obey him...he did not need extra complications because he had done something so stupid.