24

The next couple of days were...interesting. Lu Feng was not sure how else to describe them but interesting. Xiao Chen seemed to have gotten over his little bouts of defiance, but ever so often, Lu feng could see that spark of anger, or annoyance, or defiance. It was thrilling, but unfortunately, Xiao Chen did not follow through on anything, meaning that Lu Feng did not have any other real reasons to punish him. He could always make some up, and he fully intended to do so soon enough but that would be after he already had Xiao Chen in his pockets. He had made that mistake the once that time that Lu Feng and him had gotten back together when they were both in their early twenties. He was not going to be making such a mistake once again. There was not really any time nor desire for any more wasted. Lu Feng wanted Xiao Chen tied to him. They were in their early thirties now, and his time was running rather short to ensure Xiao Chen's loyalty to him never faded again. He was not sure he wanted to try and find him again, not sure that he was going to have the will to continue to force his mental state to his own desires.

Now, now was the perfect time. He had the youth on his side, and the timidity still breathed through Xiao Chen's body, but soon enough he knew that these things could begin to dimish. The older one got the wiser, or at least that was the saying. He did not want to have to pick a different victim either, no. He loved Xiao Chen, even if the other was questioning him, he truly did. He cared for the other greatly, and wanted him to be the one that he got to stay with him, but he also had to be careful with how he constructed these things. It would be disasterous if Xiao Chen managed to escape him once again. He would not allow such a thing to happen.

However...he could admit that Xiao Chen had been absurdly good as of late. The other needed to be rewarded for his good behavior, just as he needed to be punished for his bad actions as well. Otherwise there would be no point to his love if he continuously was defiant. As such, Lu feng knew that he would have to delicately balance the two. Furthermore, he had his blackmail. The video was ready to be sent at his own wishes. He just wanted to wait a little longer. Wait until he knew that Xiao Chen was his...undoubtedly. Otherwise things could tip rather badly in a direction that he most certainly did not want them to go. He would have to speak to Xiao Chen as to who exactly knew that he was supposed to be on a meeting. He knew full well that his company did, but Lu feng was not worried about the company. Money went a long way in business. Of course, it was the individuals that Lu Feng was more anxious over. The Video he had could do two things. It could cause them to run to the police, or it could cause them to refrain in fear of angering him. Which was the best call really. After all Xiao Chen was in his grasp. He could do anything and everything to him if he got angry. He knew that the brother specifically knew this well, considering he had been there when Xiao Chen and him had begun their relationship, and once more when they had tried to rekindle it.

He needed to reward the behavior that Xiao Chen was exploring now, however. The contemplations of what he would do with the video, who knew that Lu Feng had lured Xiao Chen here under the guise of a business deal, and other things could happen afterwards...he just hoped that Xiao Chen would continue to be on his good behavior. He was a bit wary, of course, but he also knew that he could not continue to keep Xiao Chen locked up. It would merely do worse for the other's mental state of course, and whilst Lu Feng knew a worse mental state was easier to manipulate, it also meant that it was less predictable.

Dangerous people were the ones you could not predict, after all, more-so than the ones that you could. He knew Xiao Chen, mostly, but should he break the other too much, Xiao Chen could revert into someone that he did not know, which could definitely cause him problems. He had no intention of having issues with the boy, though. He knew what he could do to ensure Xiao Chen did not break beyond the threshold that he held. It was a delicate balance, but one he was used to balancing. He could do it once more, he just had to be careful. The last two times he had done this...Xiao Chen had broken too much. It was clear his emotions and his feelings had not quite changed, which Lu feng knew and was fully taking advantage of. It did beg the question of where exactly that threshold was, but from what Lu Feng could tell, as long has he didn't harm any of Xiao Chen's 'family' he should be fine. So far, that was the main thing that had caused issues.

It was also partially why he had gone this route. Bringing Xiao Chen here, away from his family, away from distractions. It was only him and Xiao Chen...as it should always be. He intended to make it a reality. One way or another.

"I have something special for you tomorrow," Lu Feng said, watching as Xiao Chen's eyes seemed to cast wariness and caution, but also curiosity. It was not often that he had surprises for Xiao Chen after all. "A good one, that is."

"Wh-What is it?" Xiao Chen asked softly. Lu feng smirked.

"You will know tomorrow won't you?"