22

The light sting of the air finally passing over his reddened wrists was...difficultly intense. He was so surprised that Lu Feng had actually relented and untied his arms from where they had been fixed to the posts on either side of the bed. He was not about to look a gift and refuse it though, and therefore he made sure to thank Lu Feng profusely. His wrists were far too raw and slightly swollen to stand having the ropes back on them merely because he was not polite. He was not sure he could stand having them put back on after finally managing to appeal properly in order to get them off. The sense of utter despair in such a case would definitely be far too much for both his mind and his heart to handle after everything else that had happened. He would much rather appeal to Lu Feng's sense of desire for control, and obedience. In some ways, Xiao Chen was sure that he could figure out the rules of this game, and once he figured out the rules...he would be able to navigate them, and maybe even win.

Such thoughts were dangerous, however, and Xiao Chen's mind ensured that he remembered all of the previous times that he had thought that, only for Lu Feng to turn it back on him and react in a highly unpredictable manner. Games and the likes were only winnable when the person one was playing against was stable, and not vastly unpredictable and hard to read. Xiao Chen knew better than to allow such thoughts to poison his mind. Whilst maybe this time Lu Feng gave mercy, it was not common, and he had to remind himself of that, though the fact that reminding was being so continually needed was something he wasn't sure he liked. For some reason, his mind seemed at war with itself, unsure what it was supposed to think or do. It was awful a feeling, and he certainly did not care much for it at all.

"Well, come on," Lu Feng stated simply, grabbing above Xiao Chen's wrist and pulling him upwards. The latter stumbled upwards, but managed to get his feet under him, despite the stabbing pain that flooded his body. He was practically dragged forwards, but Xiao Chen did not fight Lu Feng, it would only end in more bondage, more than like, and Xiao Chen was too worried about potentially having him tie him back down to the bed to even bother trying to resist him. It would take a majority of what little energy that he still had besides that. It was not a wise thing to do, considering. He would rather not be caught back up in those ropes either. His skin was already incredibly sensitive and all because he was stupid and went and defied Lu Feng.

One could argue with him against that point. They could say that it was Lu Feng's fault entirely, which Xiao Chen supposed they would be right, technically, but did he not also know that Lu Feng would have reacted awfully when he escaped, presuming he failed? While, granted, failure had not really been the objective, and therefore he had not really allowed himself to think on it too much, it was known that Lu Feng was volatile. He himself knew that more than most. Lu Feng never reacted well to being defied, and he had chosen such a...a blatant way of doing so as well. He should have figured that Lu Feng would react badly, and he should have expected this sort of a reaction. Then again, another part of his mind warred against that.

The other part of his mind said that it did not matter one way or another, that Lu Feng's actions were heinous, and that nothing that Xiao Chen had done made him deserve such treatment as that. That was the more logical side of his mind, which was at the moment desperately trying to convince him that Xiao Chen had nothing to do with Lu Feng's behavior, that his behavior was his own, and that he himself did not need to take the blame for his captor's actions. Yet, Xiao Chen was finding himself doubtful. A rather large part of his emotional self felt as though he should have been more careful and that it was his fault.

However both sides were promptly shut up when Lu Feng shoved him onto the couch, the very couch that the two of them had drunk that wine that caused all these problems. Now, thinking back on it, he should have taken Lu Feng's lack of verbal response as a hint of what was to come. He had been ever so fond of verbal responses, so him avoiding one should have been a warning, but Xiao Chen had just wanted to leave, willing to do anything to get out of the house. Look where that had gotten him. Definitely not outside of the house, and probably not outside of anywhere for quite some time.

Lu Feng turned to stare at him, dark eyes glinting with warning. Xiao Chen curled backwards into the couch at the look. It promised something, and that was never really all that good. It was still better than a calculating look, though. The latter were probably one of the most dangerous looks that one could see on Lu Feng, no matter what the situation was. His calculating looks were also terrifying in a way.

"If I leave you here, will you attempt to leave again?" Lu Feng asked, his voice tentative, but betrayed nothing.

"N-No." Xiao Chen said, shaking his head profusely. Lu Feng hummed softly.

"I suppose, well, if you do try again you will fail, as I will be alerted immediately." Lu Feng said with a dispassionate sigh. Xiao Chen did not say anything knowing that it would only serve to frustrate Lu Feng, which was not something that he needed. "I am going to get medical supplies. Do not move. If you do, I will take it as you attempting to escape once again, and you will be back in the bonds that you just barely were allowed out of."