23

Xiao Chen felt his body involuntarily stiffen up at the words of Lu Feng, who did not see his reaction, too busy walking towards...wherever to get the medical supplies he claimed that he needed. He could not quite help the reaction, although it still frustrated him to see it. EIther way, he knew that it was nothing necessarily bad. It was an understandable reaction given what he had been through recently. Lu Feng was...dangerous, and he had always, even if just subconsciously, known that. His body refused to allow itself to move after the subtle threat from Lu Feng. It refused to listen to him when he tried to get them to cooperate.

It was dangerous, trying to move whilst Lu Feng ordered him otherwise, but he wanted to at least try. Particularly considering the fact that his body seemed to be against it. Still, a part of him wanted to test Lu Feng, despite the terror that he felt doing so. It was a sense of control thing. At the very least he can control his willingness to listen to the orders that Lu Feng gave him, and yet even then that seemed to be taken away from him. His body refused to move, and Lu Feng was the sole reason. He had no idea, but for some reason despite he should have his own control over his limbs, it would seem the Lu Feng had taken it. He felt tears begin to flood through his eyes at that. Worry seemed to fill his eyes.

He stared at where Lu Feng left, unable to move from just how stiff his body was. He just waited, his thoughts seeming to have froze, not able to really think anything, as though merely buzzing was in his head. His body remained stiffly in line as he waited for Lu Feng to return. Return he did, and with a swift and even step. Xiao Chen heard him far before he could see him, the footsteps leaving him feeling a sort of slow acting dread flood through his system. The situation was almost deja vu, reminding him a few times before, when they were beginning to be happy, but it was still sort of rocky the second time that they had found each other. A few times, when Lu Feng would get nervous that he was going to leave him and order him to stay, the one time that he refused...Xiao Chen still remembered that day clearly, and it was still as awful then as when he thought about it now. The difference was that now he had something even worse to compare it to.

He shuddered inwardly, still frozen stiff as a board when Lu Feng finally came into view. Part of Xaio Chen suspected he was dragging out the drama. It seemed like a very Lu Feng thing to do. He had always enjoyed the dramatics of things. The way that Xiao Chen was brought into this situation hinted to that. The piano serenade, the wine, expensive wine, if Xiao Chen knew anything about Lu Feng. The entire set up had breathed dramatic. Lu Feng was just...that sort of person, and he was rich enough to be able to afford those types of dramatics. Xiao Chen had truly been naive to think that he would just be left alone. Now? Now he had potentially endangered his family as well, his wife and their daughter. He had no idea if Lu Feng knew about them, he would not hesitate to believe that he did.

The thought merely made his stiffness worse, something which he knew that Lu Feng saw. He had seen the slight flick of a smile at his discomfort. Lu Feng was more sadistic than he had known previously. Obviously, that did not spell anything good for him. He could not remember Lu Feng being so cruel before. Perhaps it was his desire to make everything that happened positive, but his memory truly could not spell anything so awful. He remembered bits and pieces, but somehow now it seemed so much worse. Perhaps it was the fact that he was literally kidnapped in order to obtain these experiences, whereas before, he had not been. In all honesty, Xiao Chen did not really know, he was not entirely certain that he wanted to either.

"I have brought back the medical kit. I see you listened to me this time." An upward twitch of his lip cued Xiao Chen in that he was amused. My terror probably is what has him so amused at everything. Xiao Chen thought to himself, but he knew that was dimming it down a bit. He is happy and amused that I am so scared of him that I obey his stupid requests. He sighed to himself, knowing that it was going to do him no good to try to deny the reality of what he was dealing with at the moment.

"Yes, sir," Xiao Chen muttered absently. Lu Feng gave a slight huff at his words. He realized what he had said a moment later, but despite his widened eyes he already knew that it was too late to take them back. Once said, nothing could be taken back, and he was forced to just watch as Lu Feng paused, staring at him, before turning his eyes back down to the arm he was intending to grab, snatching it with a smile painted on his lips.

"Well, what an obedient boy you've become." He knew that the other was laughing at him and trying not to show it. The realization almost made his tears fall, but he was not that weak. He wanted to...he wanted to rebuff the words that Lu Feng said, but he knew that he could not. He had been being obedient lately, more so than normal. The last few hours he had abided by every command that Lu Feng had given. It was only natural that the other would comment on it, and yet despite that, he felt himself being dunked in unease at the admittance on Lu Feng's part. "It is quite interesting, is it not?" Xiao Chen almost whimpered at the tone that Lu Feng took with him.

"I...I don't...I don't know what else to do." Xiao Chen admitted, tears finally falling from his eyes. Lu Feng hummed, finishing wrapping one of his wrists, placing it down, and grabbing his face, thumbing the tears from his cheeks. He could not help but lean into the touch, letting his eyes flutter slightly at the gentle affection.

"It is alright, I am not angry. I am quite pleased actually." I am sure you are. Xiao Chen thought scathingly, but for some reason he did not seem to be able to voice those same words.