♤1.4 - lockdown blues♤

Tw/cw :  de-realization/depersonaltion (aka feeling disconnected to reality/yourself); yelling; mentions of fighting; implied/mentions of self harm

also! This chapter is going to shift a little bit between Harvey's perspective and Fiona because I want to write more of Fi so prepare for a long chapter ahead :))))

The news of a lockdown hadn't hit Harvey right away, more so a moment where his first thoughts being he could maybe finally catch up on things he'd pushed back.

For the most part Harvey had been fine.

For about 2 weeks.

And then he started to get increasingly irritated by being inside and somehow began to find even the whispered compliments and endearing jokes Lake would make to be infuriating.

He wanted out. He wanted to feel fresh air on his skin, smell the oddly comforting smells of cigarette smoke and rain clouding his senses as he walked aimlessly.

But it wasn't safe to do that. Instead, he did the worst thing possible for him in such an irritated and "off" state.

He took a shower.

Nromally this wouldn't be a concern, but usually when Harvey had been isolated for more than a couple of days, his thoughts ran together and he couldn't pick them apart until he stood in front of a mirror where he'd flinch in suprise at what stood in front of him.

His eyes scanned the ones in front of him, poking gently around the cheek bones just beneath and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as the reflection coppied.

No no that can't be right, that isn't what he really looks like, right?

Why would it be? The hair looked off, and the nose looked wrong, so did the eyes. Eyes he wasn't sure he believed.

He stared for longer than he really wanted to, picking at the skin on his face for acne that wasn't there and seeing red marks appear on the surface.

It wasn't until he heard Lake call his name from the hall that Harvey was able to even remotely tear his eyes away from the mirror.

But even the concerned gentle accent couldn't pull the sudden fear and disconnected feeling that took over as he glanced in the mirror once again and locked the bathroom door behind him.

He avoided looking at the mirror as he showered, a hint of a smile grazing his face as the burning water hit his skin and relaxed the muscles building up cramps in his shoulders and neck. It connected him to his body enough to get through the shower and he could hear Lake call a small "oh" when he had walked past the door.

Across the globe, Fiona felt the fear of news of a lockdown suck all of the air out of her lungs.

Sure she wasn't one to venture outside much in the first place, a majority of the friendships she made being online. But the sudden realization she'd be trapped in a house with two people she hardly trusted and didn't even remotely like had weighed down on her in a matter of 30 seconds.

Her immediate thoughts were to contact Harvey.

When he had only responded with a 'you'll be fine', her annoyance and anxiety only grew.

So, she opened discord.

fi fi 🐟

TOMMY

TOM

TOMANTHY

TOMAS