Hataash

HATAASH: Hopeless, unsuccessful 

As I was walking towards my room, I got a glimpse of Yukta having trouble pushing open the door with numerous files in her arms. I smiled, making my way toward her.

"How was the first day of the office?" I inquired, gesturing for her to hand me some files as I helped her with the door.

"Thanks a lot!" She responded offering some as she entered the room followed by me. "I am no longer going to complain Yash for his boring self." She muttered settling some files beside her study table as she laid down on the bed. "What an exhausting day!" She huffed in displeasure. "How even he does it for the entire week?" She sounded as if it was impossible.

"Was it that tiring?" I inquired as her conversation was making me recollect Yash state. I could feel he was burdening himself towards the extreme. Maybe he needed some days of rest!

She nodded in agreement as she pushed her face into the pillow. "And on top of that!" She suddenly popped her head from the pillow. "He provided me with extra work as I was one day late for the training." She scowled as she rolled words out. "I assure you he merged our personal life with professional. Taking revenge for me pulling you to the club."

"It isn't like that! Maybe he wanted to make you discipline. He doesn't goes on taking revenge and those..."

"You're so clueless about his life. Sometimes I feel you're talking about a completely different Yash. He never likes to be played which hurts his ego. You know... that big fat ego of his won't ever allow him to lose. And he can go to any extreme to win." She shook her head as she rested on the pillow.

"Any extreme?" I asked getting curious.

"Yes! But for the things that are important for him. I guess only few reach that boundary."

"Are you part of it?"

"I am... but why?" She opened her closed orbs in curiousness.

"Curiousness..." I paused not wanting to be caught with my series of thoughts. "You rest, will talk to you later." Whispering it, I closed the door behind me.

Maybe I was right! Yash had no feeling toward me but he was confusing himself with it. As Yukta described him, he was nothing like that before me. He masked his inner-self around me and that meant he didn't trust me enough to show himself, to show his inner-self. And a person who doesn't trust, can't ever fall in love. Simple as that!

A huge grin was placed on my face as I rushed downstairs and I dialled Ishika's number on the landline. She didn't answer for a minute but later picked it up.

"Ishu?" And with that, I was offered numerous scolding.

"Where on earth are you, Aru? And why aren't you receiving my calls?" She kept on blabbering while I allowed her time to calm down.

"Long story short! I lost my cell so I called you from the landline... but that's not why I called for. Listen, I got a way out of my problem. I was correct! Yash and Yukta surely share some feelings." She didn't utter a word for a minute.

"You still hadn't moved from that concept..." I could feel her shaking her head in defeat. "Not after Jiju's huge outburst upon listening to your idea." I knitted my brow in confusion? What was she even uttering about?

"That outburst was on anticipating I was separating Aarush from him. He wasn't against the idea..." I glanced around, spying if anyone was listening to our conversation. "Of Yukta and Yash together... they would make a good couple."

"I have never heard a wife playing a cupid in her husband's life." She groaned in displeasure. "Aru, why you want to complicate your life further?" She was so against my idea. I felt defeated! It was the first time she wasn't supporting me.