Humdard

HUMDARD

A person that lives your pain with you

___

Yash

"Why are to acting so stubborn? You know that girl isn't for you." Aai was repeating the same statement. She was so stubborn not to accept her defeat.

"It isn't me who is stubborn, Aai." I cleared my throat. "Are you even listening to your demand?" I shook my head at her determination. "Aarohi is my wife, and I am never going to replace her with anyone."

"Why don't you understand? She is never going to move on from her ex. It's been more than four years and yet she is grieving over that person. How can you imagine living a life with a person who hadn't moved from her past?" She was fuming in anger at my opposition.

"Exactly! Aai, she hadn't moved from her past. She is still trying to be loyal to her partner, who had left her four years back. Can't you see it? Can't you see her loyalty? Loyalty towards her ex-husband. And yet you consider it a crime. Your opinions would have been completely different if I was her ex. If I was her ex, you would have been glad about her decision but just because I am her present you can't understand her." I shook my head, staring at her for a minute longer.

"Aai, she is trying to move away from the past. A very beautiful past! And it isn't easy. Can't you for once keep your motherly love aside and stare at her as a woman. See at her a woman who had lost her husband within a year of marriage with a child developing in her womb. A mother that opted to marry for her child's better future. A wife that is trying to fulfil her ex-husband's dream. A lady attempting to have a second chance in love yet scared from deep within. Afraid of shattering into pieces once again."

"Aai, she hadn't left my side for the past three weeks. Looking after my every need. She is trying to be a better wife. Please allow her. Stop humiliating her, stop counting on her faults. She isn't perfect but she is attempting, can't we appreciate it?" I was pleading with her. Aai kept staring at me without uttering a word.

There was a slight knock on the door and soon Aarohi and Ishika entered the room with two cups of tea. Aarohi passed a nervous smile at Aai. "I thought you might like to have some tea." Aai kept staring at her with a stern expression later nodding in a slight gesture.

Aarohi's smile broaden and she handed her a cup. "Thank you, beta." She muttered making Aarohi taken aback with a soft gesture towards her. I kept staring at Aai with astonishment. "Thank you for looking after Yash." She blinked her orbs at Aarohi. "Maybe he is right, he is more stubborn than I am." Her orbs locked with mine. "I should accept that I have lost it."

"But you should rather be happy that your son had won it." My remark made a slight smile appear on Aai's face.

~~••~~

Days were flying much faster than winds. Aarohi hadn't left my side even after I was discharged from the hospital. Her parents and Aai had paid a visit to me. Though I found them concerned on arrival but had departed us with a content smile. I could feel her Aai (Rishi's mother) was the happiest on discovering our emerging bond.

"What is making you smile so wide?" I heard the familiar voice that I had grown attached to.

"About someone most beautiful." I winked making that pink layer spread on her cheek. My mere comments could make her blush hard and that was the most beautiful sight I was offered with.

"Here... your pohe..." she attempted to change the topic. I stared at her in adoration. I wasn't ever going to have enough of her. She was so beautiful and her beauty increased when she used to lower her gaze in shyness. She slowly took a seat on the edge of the bed facing me. Her hands extended to hand me the bowl.