Chapter One

Authors note: please read Book 1 (My Orphan Mate) and Book 2 (My Luna Mate) before this one.
Thank you :) <3

LYRA
______

The patterned lace clung around my breasts, holding on to my skin for dear life. My sternum was exposed down to my waist, with the lace designed to cover parts of my torso. My shoulders were semi-exposed, with the floating lace dispersed throughout the arms and down my body.

The sheer floral lace dress hugged my curves in all the right places, with a long train piece of fabric clinging on from behind. The back was left wide open, giving all the attention to the long fabric trailing behind.

In all honesty, I hadn't visioned myself getting married because it was not really in wolf nature to. Once you found a mate, you knew you were set. But now that I was getting married, the dress seemed perfectly made for me. I knew Alexander would struggle once he saw me.

I knew because even Jaxon shed a tear just by glancing at me.

"Wow," he beamed when he saw me, as I walked towards him.

We were stood outside of the wedding hall, waiting for him to walk me down the aisle.

"Do you like it?" I asked, biting my lip.

Jaxon whistled. "Your mate is going to lose it. I will tell you that now," he commented, his eyes raking down my body. "You look incredible, Lyr."

I chuckled softly at his words, before I placed my arm around his waist. "Thank you for being here, and doing this for me."

Jaxon placed a soft kiss on my head, gentle to not ruin my low-messy up-do. "I wouldn't be anywhere else right now," he replied, before pulling back and glancing down at me. "Are you ready?"

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I inhaled sharply before I glanced at my best friend. I quickly ran a hand down my dress, not understanding why I felt nervous all of a sudden.

Nodding once, I smiled at Jaxon.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I replied, grinning. "Just don't let me fall, please."

Jaxon smirked. "I can't promise anything," he responded, sarcastically, before he tugged my hand and wrapped it around his arm. He leaned his head closer, and mumbled, "Boring is not my thing, I like to keep it entertaining."

I slapped at his chest and frowned at him, but the boy chuckled. "In that case, Jaxon, I can walk myself down the isle."

"I'm kidding," he promised in between laughter. "I would never let you fall."

I glanced at him momentarily, smiling because I was so grateful for this boy. He was my best friend and my family all in one. Despite how traumatising my past was, having Jaxon come out of it made it all bearable.

"Come on," he urged, bringing me out of my thoughts. "At this rate your mate will think you're having cold feet."

Taking my hand in his firmly, he signalled the wedding planner before the background music filled my ears.

The double doors swung open, revealing our closest friends and family on either side of the aisle. Clinging on to Jaxon for dear life, I squeezed at his forearm as we slowly entered the hall.