Chapter Ten

ALEXANDER
_____________

"We found imprints, but there is no lingering scent," Jonah, one of the fighters said, confused.

My eyes narrowed at his words. It wasn't necessarily that I didn't believe the wolf, it was quite the opposite. I was aware that the only wolves able to travel unscented had been my father and his ancestors, dating back. It was a gift that I also carried, but no one knew that except for my father.

Thus, Jonah, who was currently stood shaken a couple of feet ahead of me, told me a wolf had trespassed and that the wolf was unscented. Something about that did not feel right. As far as I was aware, Zynthéa and I were the only existing wolves with that gift.

"Alpha," another voice snapped me out of my daze, making me stare hard at the wolf in query. "We will be on guard for the next couple of days, just to be on the safe side. Is there anything that you would like to add?"

"That's adequate for now," I responded, trying to formulate a quick plan. "A couple of you can complete rounds whilst the rest train. I need a continuous cycle of this routine until the wolf is out of my territory. Understood?"

"Of course, sir," Jonah responded, with the other fighters chiming in, in agreement.

My wolf was on edge, something appeared very off. The safety of my pack and my Luna was my priority. To know a wolf had trespassed, one that is able to shift their scent and make it appear masked, that concerned me.

There had to be a potion that existed that would allow wolves to travel around masked. That was the only possible explanation.

Before I could get lost in thoughts, I was about to proceed with the intended routine, when my wolf purred. It took a mere second before I realised my Luna was here.

Meanwhile my wolf was ecstatic and wanted to dump his responsibilities to attend to our mate, I was concerned. I could feel the worries my Luna was feeling through the connection.

'You're here,' I mind-linked her, and had to contain my growls when I noticed a couple of my men eye my Luna. 'Is everything alright?'

I knew something was wrong. My Luna always turned up announced, unlike today. There was a possibility of her just wanting to see me, but the frustration through our connection told me it was something else.

'I need to speak to you,' Lyra responded, her voice holding an edge.

Her words served as a confirmation that something indeed was not right. Knowing that, I couldn't proceed with training. My mind would be filled with concerns for my Luna. Her safety was my priority.

'Dyami, training grounds. Now,' I quickly mind-linked the beta, knowing he was on a run not too far by.

"You are all dismissed for a break," I instructed, my voice loud and clear. I ignored the puzzled looks that I was met with in return, and proceeded to conclude my instructions. "Training will commence again in fifteen minutes."

'What's going on?' Dyami's voice filled my head, but I ignored him as I stalked towards my girl.

She appeared nervous, but also confused at the same time, yet frustration was the only thing I could feel through our connection. I could hear Dyami mutter something to Lyra, but I tuned out. My thoughts and eyes were on her, making sure she was okay.

Once I had reached her, I pulled her in to my arms, feeling myself able to relax when I inhaled her vanilla scent. Her skin soft under my touch felt right, like she had been perfectly moulded for my arms. She was undeniably perfect.