Chapter Six

LYRA
______

The lake was glistening under the dazzling sunlight, as it reflected its rays on to the light waves. The only sound erupting in the area, was the sound of the small waves crashing against the land.

It was the most peaceful environment that I had been in for a long time. Every muscle in my body relaxed, as if the sun was massaging every piece of my skin. The heat fed every cell in my body, releasing dopamine internally, making me sigh in content.

There weren't many times in Silver Crescent, where I could have just laid down and have the sun soak in to my skin. I was appreciating every second right now.

I leaned my head back against the headrest on the sun lounger, enjoying the light breeze that coated the area, when the sound of splashing made me pry one eye open.

My mate, wearing black swimming shorts, that now clung to him, waddled out of the water. I couldn't help but let my eyes roam over his muscly chest, enjoying every bit of it knowing that was only for me.

Alexander raised his head as he approached me, he cocked a brow when he caught a glimpse of the smirk plastered on my face.

Then his eyes raked over my body, and I bit my bottom lip. I was wearing a royal blue two-piece, and I squirmed a little under his intense gaze.

Alexander leaned down and placed a peck on my cheek. "I was waiting for you to join me," he huskily whispered against my skin.

Goosebumps made their appearance on my skin as my mate's breath fanned every piece of it. Swallowing hard, I turned my head for our eyes to be inches apart now.

"I have been swimming with you most of this weekend," I reminded him, my eyes tracing his wet hair that hung low over his eyes.

Alexander grinned, before pulling back and dropped back on the sun lounger beside mine. "From what I recall, we didn't really swim," he muttered, teasingly.

I raised a brow and glanced at him. "Who's fault was that?"

My mate chuckled softly and ran his hand over his wet hair, to rid of the droplets that clung to every strand. Despite how messy his wet hair was, he was just as breathtaking as always. How could I not want to throw myself at him every second when he looked like that?

Without warning, Alexander tugged at the leg of the sun lounger that I was currently resting on and pulled the chair flush to him.

I yelped in surprise as my sun lounger clashed gently against his. Alexander wasted no time before he hovered above me.

His eyes scanned my face, searching my eyes before he dipped his head and locked his lips with mine. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I grinned in to the kiss when I realised how cold he was under my touch.

Alexander pushed his tongue inside of my mouth and gently massaged mine. His hand trailed down my side, squeezing at my waist. His other hand supported his weight so he didn't suffocate me, because that is exactly what would have happened if he laid on top of me with how big he was.

"Do you know how fucking sexy you look in this?" he groaned, against my lips, tugging at my bikini bottoms.

I didn't get a chance to respond when he hungrily locked his lips with mine again, this time groaning in to the kiss as his finger traced every inch of my skin.