Chapter Five

LYRA
______

I was tired and completely beaten by the time we reached our final destination. Alexander couldn't stop laughing at my state, finally stopping at last when I glared at him.

'I have no underwear on,' I mind-linked him, huffing out loud.

Alexander arched a brow, before his eyes travelled down to my privates that was currently covered with my dress. A grin spread across his face to let me know he preferred it that way, before he turned to handle the humans at the gate.

The guard brought our luggage in that exact moment, and turned to speak to me.

"Ma'am, your luggages are organised for you," he beamed, giving me a bright smile.

I returned a smile of my own. "Wonderful, thank you."

The man before me seemed like he wanted to say something else, before Alexander snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me flush against him. I could feel the frustration radiating off of him through our connection, so I didn't even bother glancing up at Alexander to know he was not ecstatic about my interaction with this human.

"I will take it from here," my mate sneered at the guard, his voice hard and stern.

The guard's smile quickly vanished and he nodded once before disappearing. Poor guy. I realised in that moment how intimidating Alexander probably seemed to others.

I turned and narrowed my eyes at my mate. "Seriously?"

Alexander raised a brow at me. "Enlighten me, my Luna."

I rolled my eyes. "Never mind," I told him. "Let's get out of here, it feels weird being surrounded by humans."

"That, I agree with," Alexander replied, before he grabbed the luggages and strutted out of the area impossibly fast.

I glanced around to ensure the humans in the airport did not seem suspicious, but was thankful to know everyone were just minding their own business.

We rode in a taxi, which was really weird. To have someone drive you around if you just paid them seemed quite ideal. Wolves didn't have that or need it, I suppose. But the thought of taxis were nice.

I didn't know about the human world much, and being around them now was teaching me a lot. I suddenly wondered how they would react if they knew of werewolf existence. They would be terrified, for sure.

When we reached our final destination, I was completely stunned. We had been riding in the taxi for over an hour, and I could now understand why.

Alexander had surprised me when he had booked our honeymoon, saying it was his present for me.

We arrived at a holiday villa, with a humongous house in isolation, surrounded by trees, on a large lake. This was perfect for us, away from both humans and wolves.

Alexander squeezed at my hand before he leaned his head closer to me, not stopping until his lips reached my ear.

"Do you like it?" he whispered, his eyes lingered on mine.

I nodded before biting my bottom lip. "I love it so much."

Alexander smiled sweetly before he raised my hand and brought it to his lips. He placed a light peck on the back in time for the taxi driver to signal our arrival.