Chapter Twenty Five

LYRA
______

"You're not leaving me here alone," I snapped. "Especially not with your brother, who is still a stranger, by the way."

Alexander frowned. "Who said anything about leaving you here with him?"

I raised a brow. "You clearly told him that you don't trust him, and that he's staying here."

He sighed. "Baby, I said he is staying here for now, but he is coming to Sirius. Do you really think that I would leave you here, alone, with him?"

"I don't see what the issue would be even if you did," I replied, nonchalantly.

Alexander growled, tightening his hold on my waist as he pulled me closer to him. "I don't trust him, especially not around my girl," he snarled.

"I'm coming with you," I challenged, ignoring his jealousy. "You said I was involved in the decision making, and whether you like it or not, I will be accompanying you."

"You don't get it, do you?" he questioned, his brows pulled together. "I will not have you enter another territory knowing they want to attack my pack. Taking my Luna there is the same as helping them hurt you. I will not do that, Lyra."

"You don't think I can protect myself," I retorted, accusingly.

"I never said that," Alexander argued, finally releasing me to attend to the rest of his clothes. "I do not want to take chances with Sirius. They have some of the strongest fighters that I have witnessed."

I was stood by the doorway, and I leaned my shoulder against the frame as I eyed my mate tug on a pair of black trousers.

"I'm coming, Alexander."

He had just finished zipping up his trousers when he turned to frown at me. "I cannot guarantee your safety in another territory, why do you want to defy me so bad?"

"Because you keep treating me like property," I snapped. "You do what you want when you want, but God forbid if I want something my way."

He had just picked up a white shirt when he stilled his movements. Dropping the piece of fabric on to the ground, he stalked towards me, not stopping until he was hardly inches from me.

His arms found their way around my waist, tugging me closer to his nude chest. "Baby, you know that is not true."

"You keep making me feel pathetic," I growled, my wolf whimpering, not appreciating that I was standing up to her mate. "I am the Luna, I should get a say in things too, Alexander."

His eyes closed momentarily, before he re-opened them and sighed. "Yes," he agreed, his ocean blue eyes searching mine. "You get to have a say in everything. Not just because you are the Luna, but because you are my mate. But Lyra, certain things, you have got to understand why I would rather you remained uninvolved."

"Yeah, for my safety," I responded, sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

Alexander's narrowed eyes almost pierced a hole through me with how intense he glanced at me. Eventually, he nodded, and released me once again to attend to the abandoned shirt on the ground.