35

__________

Eri and I arrived downstairs, and my dad gave us an amused look before grabbing his keys off the counter and leading us outside. We climbed into the car and Eri buckled herself into her car seat, a big smile on her face that made my heart constrict in my chest.

She deserved the whole world.

"Soooo where are we headed to?" I asked my dad, who glanced at me for a second before returning his eyes to the road.

"Nowhere fancy, but it's a nice little place near here, I think you'll like it." He replied, stopping at a red-light.

"I'm hungry." Eri said from the backseat, and I stifled a giggle at the bluntness.

"We'll be there soon Eri don't worry." Dad said, a calm smile on his face.

The light turned green and dad started driving again, and then stopped at a little warm looking restaurant, cuddled in between two other buildings. We all got out of the car and Eri took hold of my hand as we went inside. A waitress walked over to us, a warm smile on her face as she led us over to a table near the back of the restaurant.

Eri was in awe of everything, from the traditionally set atmosphere, to the fancy little table cloths on the tables.

"This place is nice." I commented, looking around a bit before picking up a menu and scanning over it.

"You can get whatever you want, you too Eri." Dad said, having already decided what he wanted and was pouring himself a complimentary cup of green tea.

"I want this!!" Eri said, pointing excitedly to a picture on the children's menu. It was a small assortment of sushi, she probably chose it due to the fact that some of the sushi looked like little animals.

"Good choice Eri, and I think I'll get the Soba dad." I said, putting the menu down as dad waved a waitress over.

"Could we please get the kids assorted sushi, one yakisoba, and one katsudon?" Dad asked politely, and the waitress smiled and wrote our order down on a pad of paper.

"Of course! I'll get that out to you when it's ready. In the mean time, please help yourselves to the complimentary green tea and miso soup." The waitress bowed before leaving.

"You want a cup of soup Eri?" I asked the small girl, who nodded and kicked her feet excitedly when I handed her a small cup, warning her that it was hot.

She blew on it and took a small sip from the cup, a small smile growing on her face at the new flavour she was experiencing. While we waited for out food, we talked about how Eri's homeschooling was going, how she'd learned to recite the entire alphabet by memory, and that she could also count to ten with no difficulty. While this sounds like such a small step for a seven year old, it made us happy that she was enjoying learning since she hadn't been able to with the yakuza.

"Hey Eri, before we get our food there is something special I'd like to talk to you about." Dad said, giving me a side eye and I smiled in return.

"Mhm!" Eri grinned, putting her cup down and listening carefully.

"So, do you like living with us? With me and Y/n and the rest of the class you hang out with?" He started, not wanting to be abrupt while I was just waiting there impatiently.

"Yeah! It's like I have a family now. Y/n is my sister, and.. and your my dad!" Eri cheered, sparkles in her eyes.

Dad paused and I actually saw some emotion in his eyes, like he was about to cry and I had to hold in a laugh, I mean what was he expecting?

"Eri, do you want to be apart of our family?" Dad asked her, receiving a confused look.

"I thought I already was?" She tilted her head.

"Pfft-!" I covered my mouth trying not to laugh.

Dad sighed a little, a small chuckle escaping him, "Well, in a sense yes you are Eri, but I was thinking of making it official." He took some papers out of his pocket and set them on the table.

"These are adoption papers, once I hand them in you will be officially known as Eri Aizawa." He moved the papers over to her, and Eri pretending like she could read them.

"You wanna adopt me?" Eri asked after a pause, tears in her eyes.

"Honey, why are you crying? This just makes it official, you've pretty much already been adopted." I laughed finally, pulling her in for a side hug.

"I know but.. I'm so happy!" She smiled, tears streaming down her cheeks and I couldn't help but get slightly teary eyed myself.

"So, is that a yes then?" Dad asked with a smile on his face.

"Yes!" Eri exclaimed, jumping out of her seat and running around the table to jump on her now father, hugging him tightly.

The waitress came not long after with our food, and we all ate while talking, thinking of ideas for Eri's room at our actual house. My Soba was good, but I was kinda wanting it to be cold, Todoroki got me to try is favourite and I was immediately in love with cold Soba noodles.

"Thank you for coming!" The lady at the front desk smiled and waved as we left the resturant, walking out into the cold night air.

We got in the car and drove back to the school dorms, heading into the common rooms where a commotion was happening.

"Shouta thank god your here! Can I get some help please??!!" Hizashi screamed from the floor, all tangled up in, tape?

I nearly fell over laughing as I walked over to where everyone had made a circle around the man on the floor.

"Okay what happened?" Dad asked with a sigh, holding Eri in his arms who had a small smile on her face.

"We got bored." Denki said, poking Hizashi with something, causing him to try and kick the blonde teen.

Dad groaned slightly and shook his head, heading to the elevator and waving us off,

"Not my problem. Mic your a pro hero, I'm sure you can get out of this yourself." And with that, he was gone.

"Y/n please help." Hizashi looked to me with a pleading look.

"Don't look at me." I said, raising my hands in defense and walking off to the kitchen.

"Wha- Y/N FOR GODS SAKE HELP ME!!!"

__________
Well look who finally updated.
Yo so sorry for leaving yall like that, I had exams and also IM GETTING BRACES TOMORROW YESSS.
My teeth are so bad you have no idea.
Anyways.. I HAVE MAJOR PLANS FOR THIS BOOK SO DON'T THINK IMMA JUST UP AND LEAVE IT FOREVER!!
Thanks such for sticking it out you guys, really appreciate it.
Love yall!!! <3 <3 <3