ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟹

Azari POV

"yeah I'm good and yeah i'm ready.....we need to talk". That last part stood out and my stomach sank as I read Ka'Sai's message. Damn talk about what? Does he not like me no more? Did Isis tell him something? I thought to myself there were a few main things I could think of that all really circled back to one thing. He doesn't really know me.

I sighed lightly before shifting my attention back to my phone screen realizing I had already been lost in thought for two minutes. How the fuck do I reply to this?

To K Baby💕: gotchu baby otw in 10

I sent the message and went to my music app to start a song for the drive to the warehouse I dropped him at earlier. I needed to stop and get gas and some blunt wraps before I went and picked him up. After stopping to fill up my tank and pick up some dutches I was pulling into the warehouse parking lot and getting out walking inside.

I walked around a bit before spotting Ka'Sai and Isis sprawled out on a couch watching some show with the foreign lady from real housewives yelling at a bunch of half naked girls. As I stepped closer towards them I got slightly more nervous as I thought about what he said. Let's get this damn talk out the way. "Yo" I called out. They turned their attention towards me and I saw a smile come across Ka'Sai's face. He definitely didn't seem mad at me. That's good. I eased up slightly smiling back.

"Hey Zee" he called back. Isis gave me a head nod as I walked closer to them. "Ready to go?" He nodded his head yes and we both said bye to Isis but not before they traded social medias and phone numbers giggling in the process. So far all the people in my life seem to like him. He hasn't met Esco yet but he probably will soon.

We walked out and I followed to his side trying to open his car door for him but he opened it himself instead and started to get in. "My bad..." I heard him say lowly as I walked back around to the drivers side of the car. "It's fine don't worry about it." I said I started the car pulling out of the parking lot. We rode in awkward silence for a bit. I could tell neither one of us wanted to be the first to speak.

I wasn't going to try and sneak another night at his house and even if I wanted to without talking about whatever he wanted to it probably wouldn't happen so we needed to talk now.

"So whatchu wanna talk about?" I felt the tension in the air ease a little bit.

"You sell drugs?" He asked facing towards me.

"Yes." I nodded slowly. My mind started replaying moments of him and i as I figured whatever we had would be over whenever he finished asking his questions.

"Are you in a gang?"

I continued nodding. "South nine, Isis is damn near our leaders daughter." I noticed him kind of tense up then chuckle lightly. I could tell he was wondering what to ask next.

"Look Ka'Sai I like you a lot and I know this prolly not no shit you wanna be involve-"

"Have you killed somebody before?" He asked as I stopped at a red light. Our eyes met quickly before the light changed and I turned my attention back to the road. My hands tensed around the steering wheel.

"Blood in blood out." I exhaled as my hands relaxed a bit. I could tell he knew what that meant and he just started blankly. Yeah, damn that one did it. "We done ain't it?" I sighed as I turned into his neighborhood. Street shit really is a bummer when it comes to romance. Even Jasmine thought the shit was cute at first til my car got shot at one time when we were out. Truth be told she still thought it was kind of cute after that but anytime she got the slightest bit angry at me she brought up how I almost got her killed.