Mornings

AN:
Just some merthur fluff.

My friend now knows my account, hoping she simply forgets about it or i will c r y.

Arthur absolutely gets babied by Merlin, fight me.

———————————————————————————
Merlin tilted his head down a little, eyes falling with sweet intention. Eyes that were filled with a mixture of awe and content. A soft, loving smile playing upon his lips, cheeks rosey in the morning chill. The boys black hair was a matted, curly mess, strands sticking up in all direction, but he didn't mind, he didn't even notice, not really. All the servant could think about, all the servant could see, was his King fast asleep upon his chest.

Arthur's hair was somehow worse then Merlins, teased up madly upon one side and flattened upon another. His eyes were closed, eyelashes fluttering gently as he dreamed. Merlin loved to see Arthur like this, so at peace. Even the sound of the gentle snores escaping Arthur's agape mouth didn't bother the boy, he even found it to be endearing. He wondered what the King was dreaming about, whether it were to be him, or food, or hunting trips...or hunting trips.

Merlin moved a hand to Arthur's head, repeatedly petting the man in a constant, natural, rhythm. In his chest the warlock could feel his magic bubbling excitedly, heart beating faster- something about Arthur just made him feel bloody amazing, like he was tingly all over. Merlin treasured these mornings, moments like these, spaces frozen in time when Arthur wasnt the King of Camelot, drowning under duty and royalty but a young, worn out man asleep peacefully in his lovers arms. Merlin often felt guilty about Arthur's title, his position, his expectations and everything that came with being King- Arthur often mourned a childhood that was never his, he never got to just be a little boy; he was always a soldier, a knight, royalty.

Not that Arthur would admit it, but sometimes he awoke before Merlin realised, like now for instance. He'd stay clung loosely to his servant, being sure to keep his breathing even and body light. Like a thief he would steal these seconds and store them away so he could cherish his rare moments of normality. Although often they would be clouded by his morning sleepiness- he was quite known amongst his friends for being the worst morning person in existence. It is truly awful to be torn away from a warm bed, with a thick silken quilt and goose feathered pillows but to be torn away from another humans warmth and comforting strokes ..it was quite frankly outrageous. It felt like some twisted act of treason.

Suddenly and without warning he felt a tickle upon his nose, an unrelenting act of betrayal from the gods above. He lightly scrunched his nose, trying his absolute best to act discreetly as to not tip off the man he was laying upon that he was, in fact, awake. Alas, Arthur failed miserably.

"Good morning sleepyhead."
Merlin spoke. His voice was deep with a morning rasp and it made Arthur's tummy flip, God he was so attracted to this man.
"Gmon."
He grumbled stroppily into Merlins chest, frowning at the wet patch by his cheek. He wiped it away with heavy arms, his morning grumpiness was in no mood for his slobber anywhere.

"How did you sleep love?"
Merlin questioned with genuine curiosity, his fingers now lightly tracing the features of Arthur's face. A dance running from his forehead, along his eyebrows, up and down his nose and in soft circles upon his cheeks. He chuckled as Arthur nuzzled closer into him, clearly enjoying the special
treatment he was receiving on this fine morning.
"Gd"
He nodded, proud of himself.
The sleepy blonde then twisted his head around so fast that Merlin feared it would snap, two pairs of blue eyes locked into each others and a false sense of seriousness loomed above them.
"You?"
He demanded an answer, pouting almost menacingly as he awaited his response.

"I slept well thank you sweetheart."
Arthur told himself he was still a very manly man despite the butterflies in his tummy. Merlin pushed back Arthur's hair, pressing a gentle kiss into his forehead. His cheeks immediately burned up in a red fit of embarrassment.