Banished

Teeny lil drabble based upon feeling the loss of your home.
Not great icl, but am currently in the position where the place that saved my life is going to be gone a few months from now and yeh feelings suck.
Typos as always.

Good! Mordred
King! Uther + existing round table...somehow...

CW- Language
TW- extremely brief mentions of sh, ed (one line)

Wanna write a flat out shit post next ngl
———————————————————————————

"I hereby banish you from Camelot, you have until dawn to leave, to return will be on pain of death."
Uther looks on, face red and eyebrows forced together.
Arthur stands next to him, ferociously blinking as his eyelashes become dark with tears.
Merlin just nods, usual wit and charm lost in shock. Gaius is held up by Leon, Leon's face isn't the most kind. Betrayal does dig deep.
Gwen falls to her knees and Elyan begins to make a move for her before Mordred places a shakey hand on his shoulder.
Lancelots hand is secured to the hilt of his sword, ready to slaughter Uther where he stood.
Gwaine quietly drank from a flask hiding behind a piller, eyes covered by long locks of hair.
Percival just stared at Arthur, begging him to do something, anything.

"Father pl-"
"Silence Arthur."
Uther cut him off.
"The court is dismissed, Sir Leon and Sir Percival you are to accompany the traitor everywhere he needs. Do not let him out of your sights."
The Knights nod solemnly and the hall begins to empty.

"Fuck Merlin."
Leon whispers as he grabs the boys arms.

"I need to see Arthur, need to see everyone."
Merlin pleads.
"I promise i won't hurt anyone, i promise."
Percival grasps Merlins chin, pulling his own face to meet the boys.
"Mate we know."
Percival speaks.
"For gods sake your Merlin."
Leon adds,
"I've known you for six years, if you were going to hurt someone you'd have done it by now."
Percival only holds Leon's wrist in support.

Merlin knocks on Arthur's door, for the first time since being in Camelot. The polished wood feels unnatural upon his skin.
"Come."
Arthur's voice sounds from within. Merlin could almost cry, the voice sounded so beautiful, like a forgotten saviour.
"Merlin."
He breaths.
Wasting no time in wrapping his arms around the warlock. Merlin makes no quip when he feels his tunic becoming damp, and feels his Arthur shaking in his arms. Instead he just closes his eyes and pretends as though his heart isn't thumping so hard in his chest that he feels as though he'll explode.

"You fucking idiot."
Arthur says in disbelief.
"Why would you let yourself get caught?"
Although the prince already knows why, everyone in the room does.
"You were going to get killed Arthur, i couldn't just stand there and let you die. What is the life of a servants to the life of a Prince? I would gladly be excecuted time and time again if it meant i got to save you one last time."
Arthur just slowly shakes his head.
"There's a prophecy Arthur."
Merlin states as though it were simple, Arthur's silence beckons him to continue.
"You're the Once and Future King, destined to unite the lands of Albion. Destined to bring peace."

"Where do you come into that?"
Mordred encourages his Emrys.
"We're two sides of the same coin, you're the greatest king to ever walk this world and i'm the greatest sorcerer. The details are sort of mushed together, an overgrown lizard loves to spin me riddles."
Mordred chucked gently to himself at that, he knew how difficult Kilgharrah could be.
"So that means you have to go and get yourself banished?"
Gwaine spits almost drunky from across Arthur's chambers.

Merlin takes an unsteady pace backwards.
Banished, banished, banished, banished, banished.
"I-"
He starts but stops as he feels deep waves of panic wash over him.
"Fuck, i-"