Soft

3rd Person POV:
Arthur wanted to go on another hunting trip , of course he did . he always seems to chose when Merlin felt the worst to take one; it's almost as though he does it on purpose .

But Arthur looked so exited about it and it's not like Merlin could say no to it anyway. he was only the kings servant- he doesn't get a voice in matters like this , or any matter really .

at least this time it was with all the knights of the (original) round table . Merlin like spending time with Gwaine and Percy whilst on hunting trips and well the knights, well they just liked the excuse to mess about and abandon the citadel for a little while .

not that these trips ever went smoothly enough to be free, literally never . would it really kill for just one good trip?

they don't know why they still call it a hunting trip, they never actually hunt anything- apart from the bandits but do they really count? you can't eat bandits .

Merlin's POV:
i'd say i woke up at day break but i didn't really go to sleep in the first place . my dreams have been plagued with sickening nightmares , twisted perceptions and worse of all... my memories.

i wake up screaming after having thrashed around in my thin covers . Gaius would  rush to my room and comfort me till i had calmed down . he's old and he doesn't have much energy, he can't sustain his health while doing that . it makes me feel terrible and like a burden so for now i've just not slept every night ,so that at least Gaius can .

i might as well get Arthur up now or the prat will be nagging me all day . i put on my signature outfit , i must say i look rather dashing, and head out the door- not bothering to grab myself any food . i'm not that hungry and it's not like i deserve it anyway .

i swerve my way to the kitchen grabbing the food that Arthur likes the best . i add extra of some , he's been particularly nice to me recently and he's been doing kingly duties that tire him out . he deserves to be able to appreciate something as simple as one of cooks meals .

manoeuvring my way through the castle walls, being sure to keep the plate steady, i arrive at his chambers . i'm early for once - he's gonna be shocked that i'm not as useless as i look.

i place his breakfast on the giant wooden table before going to open the curtains . i can hear soft snores and happy murmurs coming from Arthur , almost makes me want to leave him to rest but nope i'm gonna be a good servant and a terrible friend.

i slap on the best smile i could muster and open the curtains letting the morning sun flood his room .
"RISE AND SHINE!" i shout for extra effect .

i turn around just to see Arthur go back to bed . the audacity of this man . i march over to him before grabbing his arms and yanking his royal ass off his royal bed .  this happens nearly every morning, it never gets any easier - you would not believe that this prat is the KING of Camelot  .

now he's all sprawled out on the floor my mission is completed . i open his wardrobe just about to grab an outfit before i hear his sleepy voice behind me ,
"Merlin, we are going hunting today so make sure my outfit is fit for that and fetch me my breakfast we don't have all day "
"if you would just look to the left sire you would see that i already got you breakfast, your favourite as well"

god not that the poor excuse of a man deserves it anymore , a hunting trip . is this serious? he knows how much i hate them. he's done it to purposefully hindrance me , i am sure of it . the prat . i was already having a not so great time so why not go ahead and make it worse?

i go back to sorting his clothes for today, hunting clothes. i pick them up and shove them under my arm before proceeding to make his bed and tidy up the room he managed to mess up during the night . he is just impossible sometimes, he never fails to amaze me with just how incapable he can be . he would not get anything done without me.