Genderbend

"Merlin!"
He could hear Arthur's voice echo down the hall , his steps nearing.

Merlin looked around in panic , attempting to either find a place to hide or a solution to his problem.

He couldn't let Arthur see him , not like this.

He looked to Gaius , silently pleading for help ; Gaius just simply coughed to cover up the laugh that erupted from him upon sight of Merlin.

Merlin gave up on his mentor , he wouldn't be of any help ; Arthur was just down the steps , he could hear him . Merlin's last minute genius decision was just to dive behind the door, hoping that it would successfully conceal him from the King.

"Merlin?!"
Arthur shouted again as he forcefully swung open the door to the physicians chambers .
"Oh hello Gaius , wouldn't be able to tell me where my useless toad of a servant is by any chance, would you ?"
Arthur's hands were upon his hips , and his head was cocked- awaiting an answer impatiently.

Gaius looked towards Arthur , unsure of what to say .
"He is in the , he is in the woods . Collecting herbs for me sire."
Arthur looked thoughtful before brushing a hand through his hair .
"He is in the tavern again isn't he Gaius?"
Gaius didn't reply , which caused Merlin to accidently groan in protest.

"What was that?" Arthur demanded.
"What was what sire?"
Arthur looked around a bit ,
"That noise , sounded almost like Merlin."
Gaius once again was silent , he isn't very quick up there anymore. Seemed to cost Merlin a lot nowadays.

Arthur silently searches the room , suspicion arising within him . He reaches the door , about to leave when he notices the shadow beside it .

"Merlin? Come out right this instance , i know you are there."
Merlin made no advance to move, this only irritated Arthur even more . He didn't bother asking his servant to come out another time ; instead he just gripped the door handle and pulled it close .

This act left Merlin exposed. Oh no , he thought, bollocks.
Arthur had to do a double take , he couldn't believe the sight that awaited him.
He clutched at his sides , throwing his head back as he laughed . He bent himself over the table , clinging to it for support.

"Merlin, what the hell happened to you?"
Each word was broken up by his hysterical laughter, Gaius too joined in with it . This only made Merlin glare at them angrily , he silently stood there , waiting for their glee to cease. It took a couple minutes but it slowly let up , Arthur was still giggling every couple of seconds - but it was calm enough for Merlin to deal with.

"Shut up sire."
He said rather defensively, he really hoped to avoid Arthur today.
"You can't address me like that Merlin , i am still the king you know . Not all of us have changed."
Merlin shrugged down to the floor in embarrassment of the situation.
"At least i'm not a donkey."
He muttered, still loud enough for Arthur to hear.

Arthur placed himself beside Merlin , a hand upon his shoulder (almost in a patronising way , but a hint of concern was present.)
"Merlin what happened? Is this at the hands of sorcery?"
Merlin just shook his head timidly.
"no."
"Well what happened?" A small smile rested upon his face , as he was trying to keep his kingly appearance up.
Merlin didn't answer,just put his head in his hands.

Arthur looked to Gaius for his explanation, worried for his servant .
"He drank the wrong potion sire."
Arthur's eyes widened and he turned to his friend in disbelief. Gaius took this as his cue to leave.
"Merlin you really are an idiot aren't you?"
"yes Arthur."
Arthur just pulled Merlin into his chest.

Arthur ran his fingers through Merlin's , now long and silky , hair . He found it therapeutic, Merlin was confused at the act - it was far too unlike Arthur for his pleasing.
"Arthur what are you doing?"
"I didn't know you were blind as well Merlin , i'm playing with you hair."
"Why?"
"Because i want to , is it making you uncomfortable? i will stop if it is."
"don't stop ... i like it ."