Mornings in the Pendragon Household

AN- this has been in my drafts for a while, you guys can have it.

fluffyshitpost

———————————————————————————

Uther was in the kitchen, dragon covered apron wrapped around his body. He moved his hips to the beat of the song, spatular waving in his hands. The man had a content smile on his face, humming the parts he didn't know and singing the ones he did.
When he would hear his son and daughter groan in embarrassment he would put in extra effort to be twice as fabulous.

Morgana was sat upon the sofa, head in hands as she shook it in disbelief. She loved her father, she really did, but sometimes the unbelievable levels of whatthefuckareyoudoingdadmyfriendsarehere was just too much to handle. Though beneath her troubled exterior she was biting back a grin.

Arthur however let his vision drift between the man who raised him and his friends with growing astonishment, eyes wide with shock. His mouth dropped open and muttering whats falling from his lips. Cheeks burning a passionate red and eyes brimming with stinging tears. Arthur just stared at them all as he questioned his life choices.

Gwen giggled to herself, leaning back lazily against Lancelot. Hands coming together in small claps of glee. Her Father too was much like this, and she was ecstatic for somebody else to take that podium. Inside she felt for Arthur and Morgana but her pure delight wasn't being masked all to well.

Lancelot locked eyes with Arthur, lips quirking up into a playful grin. His hand still buried in Gwens hair and stroking it lovingly. The man only broke his eye contact when Arthur did, not being able to control the laughter that racked his body. He remained writhing beneath Gwen and gasping for air, Arthur's face was just too perfect to not lose it at.

Merlin had just rolled his eyes, head still cushioned upon Arthur's thighs. He spent a lot of time in the Pendragon household, he wasn't shy to Uthers behaviours. Sometimes in the mornings he would wake up early and join Arthur's father in making pancakes- they would dance around the kitchen together to the morning radio. Although he couldn't deny that Arthur's complete mortification wasn't a brilliant sight.

Mordred bopped his head quietly, eyes still glued to his phone as he endlessly scrolled pinterest. He too was quite used to Uther dancing and singing in quite blatantly shocking manners. Morgana and he would often find themselves curled up in bed together for Uther to barge in and shuffle across their carpet. It had made Mordred question his entire life at first, but soon he learnt to just accept it. It hadn't made Uthers uninvited trips any less disastrous for the couple though.

Elyan and Percival hadn't stirred, minds too intensely focused on the riveting game of chess found before them. Percival's knight was in a compromise position but Elyans rook was close to being taken. Sweat formed upon their furrowed brows and minds raced with creations of battle plans. Eyes hard and cold as pieces moved back and forth, disrupting and dominating the board.

Gwaine and Leon linked hands in the middle of the living room, the coffee table had been pushed to the side, and they both were jumping around in the space. Their hair flipping into each others faces as they dramatically spun around each other and shouted the words to the song. Faces painted with bliss and freedom. They knew how much these antics bothered Arthur, it was their main fuel for continuing to do so at every possible occasion.

As the song neared the end Uther attempted to hit a high note, although unfortunately for his children it came out more as a strangled squeal.
Arthur's eyes as good as bulged out of head.
"FATHER!"
He cried out in anguish.
But Uther only replied with an enthusiastic wave and a cheerful grin.

Arthur gently moved Merlin off his lap, immediately missing the comforting weight and stormed over to the kitchen. As he reached the plugs he tore out the radio and glared at his father.
"That's quite enough of that father."
He scolded the older man.
"ARTHUR!"
Uther, Gwaine and Leon shouted in dismay.
Although the sadness was brief and from the sofa Mordred raised his eyebrows and connected his phone to the radio instead.
Arthur sunk to the kitchen floor in defeat.

"Babe come back,"
Merlin called from the sofa,
"I miss you."
Arthur sulked back over to Merlin, cheeks burning even brighter as the raven haired boy took his face between his hands and began to sprinkle kisses all over. He even managed to flip off Morgana who awed teasingly.

"Don't be so embarrassed brother,"
Her soft voice reassured him
"You two are just absolutely adorable."
Merlin beamed up at him in agreement and he rolled his eyes at the pair.