Chapter VII

He was left alone in the house while his family was going on vacation, leaving and forgetting him behind because he was never trusted to join them. On their point of view, he did a lot of mistakes that made him unbelievable to follow them. The younger Bryce was depressed as he cried due to family letting him abandoned. Bryce couldn't stand a chance but to let his family having a wonderful experience out there. He lived his own life in his family's house, guarding it to prevent anyone from breaking in.

The sorrowful Bryce did not give up after his family betrayed him. He had to understand of his traumatic self. He went up the stairs of his family's house and searched for his parent's room, but they were locked and he can't gain access through it. His parents must've brought the key away. He searched for Colby, his younger brother, where he had a room on the edge beside his room but it got locked too. Bryce got mad on his nerves, so he went to find Jordyn's room. Fortunately, his sister's door was unlocked, it would've save him a lot of time. He enters Jordyn's room. It looked aesthetic and charming. There was decorations of Jordyn's selfie with her friends, a cute white teddy bear at the edge, her desk where she used to learn, and her bed. Bryce went for her bed and noticed something under her pillow. It was a note slipped as he takes it and read throughout  it.

𝑯𝒊, 𝑩𝒓𝒚𝒄𝒆,𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝑰 𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒗𝒂𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏. 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒑𝒖𝒕 𝒂 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒂𝒚𝒔. 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕, 𝒘𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆, 𝒏𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒔𝒕.

He was so young and heartbroken with that note as tears prickled from his eyes as he engulfed himself with sadness. He was touched about her situation when his family was away from him.

"I'll keep my promise. I will endow and protect it, no matter the cost." Bryce wept his tears as he would do anything to vow with his sister.

He left his sister's room and go for his room. Its walls are dark blue and it was decorated with pictures about having a law firm. He had a figure of a stand with measures of two things creating a balance. He had a desk and table for him to learn and shelves full of toys. His bed's cover was a pattern arranged in order. He checked his room to see if he left something behind. He found nothing to forget and leave his room, locking it to secure.

That loneliness made him didn't lose hope. He took Jordyn's keyboard phone which she left it at the ground for him to pick it up. His grandparent's contacts are still available so he could call them immediately. The device was calling and it was answered by Bryce's grandparents who live in the suburbs at his hometown.

"Hi Jor-" the grandmother's voice was cut out by a crying Bryce who was phoning her. "What's wrong, Bryce my dear?" she asked, worried.

"My family has left me behind and I was living alone at the house..." he replied as he continued to cry.

His grandparents were worried that their grandson was in trouble. They can't leave them suffering the undying pain he had. They need to take care of him while his family are on a vacation. "Don't worry dear, we will have a driver to accompany you to our house. It's safe." his grandfather slurred.

Bryce ended the call with his grandparents and went to his room. He packed his toys and crime books as usual when he got a visit to his grandparent's house.. The young Bryce waddled on the stairs and went to the front door for a wait. He had locked his family's house to protect it from being robbed.