Chapter XIII

The night seemed to be silent for now as the car arrived to an unknown place. It was away from the dark forest, away from Lexington, even many miles further away from the state of Kentucky. It was in an cluster area in Tucson, Arizona. The house looked normal in shape, the windows are perfectly built, and a parking area set beside the door. It was around half past 9 in the night as Andrew looked from his electronic watch.

He sighed and believed that he must've been in the wrong turn of his life. He was supposed to maintain his time for every activity he has done, he was a busy man nowadays. He had arrived at Exie's house and his view starts to shatter. It was the dark side of himself who always wanted to be somebody evil and to ruin everything out of the way. He felt repentant about what he has done for his mistakes. 

He renewed his personality. He must act like a villain. It was a part of his plan that will took long to finish and he has to stick around. Putting everyone in danger was a huge risk he should take. It was part of his ability to trick cunning people who would lure him to their trap.

Gosh, if the authorities found out that I was guilty, there would be no time to explain about my innocence. This plan is going to be difficult, he thought. If he did not take his action, he'll be in big trouble.

Andrew and Hugo got out of the car while Exie parked her car outside the garage. She took the home keys and lets them inside. She protects her home with system installed at her home. She relaxed herself as she took control of the house. The two men sat on the couch facing each other.

The house has three floors, the basement underground, the main floor, and the top floor.

They were at the living room for a moment of silence when Andrew spot a snickering smile from Hugo. He has been neglected by the crazy criminal. Just as part of his plan, he smiled back at Hugo. Exie brought three cokes and shared to them.

"Let's taste...." she grinned as the three people opened their cokes and toasted it for a drink. The freshening taste slumped Andrew into burps. Hugo lets a fresh air through his mouth while licking a drip of coke through his mouth. Exie laughed at her silly boyfriend and backed to her sofa.

It was a clear dark sky, perfect for a criminal to hide somewhere else. What makes this unusual than the other crimes they did was toast. It's a vision where they tried new things that are even worse than the other. This was just a lonely house from an estate, but the agency can't track this place down because they're dealing with super criminals, and that's the problem of society.

"Do you used to live alone in this secured home away from the estate?" Andrew asked as he flustered on the couch, clearly gaining more information about what he has found out. He had never witness it clearly.

"Formerly," she assured, "I own this area a few months ago before doing my purpose to confide against many people, but I do have another to trick anyone to think that was my address." Andrew and Hugo understood her explanation through the conversation. It wasn't a hideout, it's a place for shelter before Exie turned it into her home by malfunctioning the estate.

"I'm impressed about your home. This estate looks darker than a shadow where nobody can sense it. You live there by yourself?" Hugo befuddled and Andrew shrugged in disgust.

She grinned and replied, "I would never live here without  you, my wanted boyfriend." Hugo smiled at her and as always, they started the romance that made Andrew turned back and avoiding their contact. He had never experienced such a weird relationship of criminals. He just found out that he was in an inappropriate zone where he can't chide up over blemished love. He can't hold it anymore.

Unnatural love kills me , he thought. There must be a disapproval around the contempt Andrew used to tolerate. Being partners with a criminal would end in a sudden where people might thought Andrew was the suspect of the incident. He keeps going on the track and he captured every word out from their mouths. This plan will not be so easy, since he have to do it without getting caught.