Chapter XI

Through the dark, thin, and scary forest, the car vroomed faster and faster. Bryce was anxious, worry whether or not the detective was back from his unconsciousness. He passed the trees with fallen leaves, since the weather was autumn at Lexington. He knew this was the exact problem he had imagined over the past few months. As a person who brings justice to the world, he knew he had to take the risk of a person.

The location he just saw was a big mess of crime hiding. He found a lot of clues and knew the signs of a battle around the house in ashes. S.W.A.T members are injured during the conflict including the smartest detective, too tired of beating the criminal who has a better experience on his physical skills. Bryce drove quicker. He needs to end this case as soon as possible. He had a doubt against the criminal society.

As he left Lexington, his thoughts started to haunt his mind again. Bryce in his mental health was in an alarmed condition. He gets many nightmares, which all of them relate to his family's death and the threatening group of people with a communist ideology. It still stucks in his brain that it would woke him up full of fear. He knows that the only person who could stop the military hijacker is none other than his darkest personality, the Night Shifter.

He used his personality in usual, like facing against many criminals and his mortal enemy, Snipedagger. His dark heroic self was created when he was struggling to survive as a slave in a drunk man's house. The man would whip him with a barbed wire multiple times. He would get an abusive punishments when he didn't obey the rules. It was as if he was suffering from a mankind with power to force people to lean on his side. In that moment, his darker self would acknowledge him to serve his intentions. The main Bryce and the Night Shifter both had a huge difference, but they're for the same goal, to balance the law.

His eyes are blurry as he was about to fell into a strange visions of his past, it was one of his weakness shown.

He sat in one of the seats in the back of the big van. They were going on a vacation to enjoy a fantastic summer on a beach. It was an exciting morning he had to enjoy. Their supplies and food are placed in the baggage of the van. His grandfather was sitting in the front seat. He was accompanied by the kind driver, Otto. His younger brother, Colby, was sitting in a baby seat with his grandmother and aunt. His dad, mom, uncle, and aunt sit in the middle of the van. Beside him, was his older sister, Jordyn. At the edge back was his cousins Leon and Hazel.

He was relaxing when a crumpled piece of paper thrown and hit his temple. He got disturbed as he turned and found a grinning Leon from the back.

"Leon, could you stop it?"  Bryce mocked in annoyance. Leon smirked at his weird feelings.

"Chill down, lil' bro. If I could've done better than you," Leon chuckled, "I'm that person you would found. That was a simple trick, wasn't it?"

Bryce stumped himself to silence, not letting anyone interrupt his thoughts. Jordyn caught a glimpse of her little brother feeling he was belittled. She touched his shoulder, consoling him to just focus on the road.

"Bryce, don't feel yourself degrade from the others," she reassured, cooling him down, "Ignore our big crazy cousin, he is disturbing sometimes. Just look at the bright side of yourself."

Bryce nodded and did what his sister told him. He gaze towards the skies and the scenery, was in peace. He could hear the loud sounds of the van but it didn't stop him to stare at the view. Leon look so confused while looking at his younger cousin feeling like just normal. Hazel on the other hand was doing the same thing as Bryce, staring at the beautiful scenery.

"Hey, lil' sis," he groused while tapping her back, "Do you mind if I get to move to the other seat?"

Hazel turned back and muttered, "Do it yourself." Leon became a hard head and turned back to the view, bored and got nothing to do.