Chapter VIII

The ride was about 25 minutes away between his apartment and the attorney. Bryce was staring at the beautiful skies at the morning while chilling himself on his seat. The scenery was as pretty as a picture and he would love to enjoy his time being with the clouds. It's a pefect weather to start his occupation as a lawyer, which seems to be hard but he doesn't care. 

Otto, his grandparent's personal driver, was staying focused at the road like he always do when Bryce's grandparent's were around. He was so aware of accidents like a crash and that he had to put his safety first. His eyes were sharp as a eagle watching from above. He was securing his priority to protect himself and Bryce. He may look weak, but it can't stop him from being a driver who became a helpful person to otheres. Otto was the best driver Bryce could afford, and that made him a proud man.

They had driven past trees and buildings, which seems a wonderful view from the outside. They went in for a toll road as they fill the card's rate and they passed. Otto has driven it in full speed while Bryce was laying, trying tpo protect himself from his grandfather's old car that can reach a speed of 115 kilometres per hour. Taking the toll might be a shortcut than using the main road by Bryce's car and motorbike, which was parked in a lot near his apartment.

He was 26, a grown adult, dressed up in a lawyer's suit, and ready for business ahead of him. He moaned as he look at the right side of the window. He is missing something important. He began daydreaming as he looked at visions of Jordyn and Colby alongside his grandparents. They were going to have a great maneuver at the same garden, the place where his grandfather Blake used to play golf. The green road was pretty and he can enjoy the nature itself. 

He closed his eyes as he snapped himself back in reality. It wasn't the same as his dream. It was a loud noise of vehicles driving along the streets as he sees the busy ahead of him. Everything was different from his past and his present. He imagined himself in his own past with his family where it can only bring happiness as he was slighted by the memories had on his head. He learns more about himself, from his posture to the inside. If it's not just for himself, it would've been for his family. He is a caring boy although his parents sent hate to him.

Bryce decided to not focus on the past and keep his gaze through his present self. He trusted to the man above to help him doing his attire, all thanks to his patience. He is one of the people to be able to protect others in his own ways of preseverance.

"Are you amazed for being a lawyer for innocents?" Otto asked him. He turned his face towards his grandparent's companion who smiled in confusion. He nodded, being a lawyer is difficult, but he choose this occupation to declare his firm to the public. He never stops on working until he had done with these cases, which it had piled up last month.

Bryce was again tired but he is grateful for things he had been done over with. He lived a perfect life, had some friends which most of them are from the Union and his community circle, this days of work has been approved by onesome person who had been doing his job in his beguile time. He was recognized even he showed a crowd that he is  the person behind the heroic Night Shifter and people believed in him.

He replied tenderly, "Well, yeah. It's the right job for guys like me. You have never even imagine how it feels like to be the prosecutor" The old driver smiled at his response as the leaves whizz by and the smell of fresh nature was blooming around. If Bryce's family never died during the bombing accident, they will be shocked to see their son being an adult who lives alone in an apartment, works as a lawyer, and a heroic person through the night. 

"You are a grown up, Bryce," Otto blurted, "Being an adult means you have finished your entire education. Now, you have learned how to live in your own and to stabilize your feelings. Life doesn't get harder as long as you fight for it and that will bring you good hope."