Chapter X

In a worry, Bryce went into the van with two of his partners as they rushed to the location. Police cars driving the street along with media vans and an ambulance follow up.  He's in a run for another investiagtion and he needs to find the clues about this case. Now that he knows Hugo's hideout, he has to get there as fast as he could.

The lawyer's work is over, but the crime case isn't. Bryce started to hallucinate his mind again as he poke out his infatuation. Could this be the reason of him as the Night Shifter, a dark hero who is about to outburst the hunt for crime? It might've been the truth that's disturbing him out of the bound. He won't enjoy his afternoon just like often, where he would chill in his apartment, shopping at a mall, or eat at a restaurant when he's hungry. It's just what kicks his mind off. Not to mention he once had a dream of taking a break from work.

It took about 2 hours and 57 minutes to reach Lexington from his hometown and it was barely count as a long journey. He daydreamed again about the last time he went on a vacation with his family. It was two months before his family's death. He and his family were in a big bus driven by Otto, the personal driver. They went to a tourist attraction and was fascinated by the view outside. Bryce would only stand there to see his family having a great holiday.

He was dreamy when Tripp snapped him back to reality. Bryce turned his gaze to behind and eyed him suspiciously. Tripp backed for a second, thinking that it was him that confront the lawyer.

"What the fudge are you thinking about, man?" he asked. Bryce still keeps an eye on him while rehearsing about his thoughts. He may not be obedient but he keeps dreaming about the memoreis stuck inside his head.

"Imagine you went for a vacation with your family when they're killed by a group of terrorists and you're the only survivor left. Does that sound to you?" Bryce asked in a heavy sigh. 

Tripp shook his head, "No, no, no, no, no, please don't let this be real!" One of Bryce's secrets is to scare someone by reality shifting his dreams to another person, an awkward habit he used to do when he was playing a guess with his siblings. He still remembers it until now, brought up from the fact that he has this idea to prank somebody.

"I can bring them to scare you away," Bryce laughed, "You're just one of the people I've ever met so disturbing and yet, unpleasant guys like you should understand my situation."

Beside him, the female reporter was driving the van, curious to report this information that pops up in her head. Willing to know about her, Bryce formally struck a conversation with her. Although she was different unlike others, Bryce didn't judge based on how she looks. He just wanted to be friends with people without comparing the difference.

"I was wondering, why did you took the three of us here?" he asked in curiousity. Capri turned and see him feeble, as if he was trying to misled through her business.

"Bryce, I know about the ongoing case and I really need your help to solve it." she started. Bryce knew that being a part of a detective and a hero was a tough job he had to take, but he need to deal with this case. He must capture the criminal before he cause more trouble, especially of his mortal enemy. He challenged himself even further to cooperate with the other people involved in his case.

"I know," he heaved, "I just need to think logically about how the crime happened and stuff. Besides, you're the reporter, and reporters noted the information given by the person during the news."

She sighed at his utterance, "It's difficult, you know? Can't you even envisage yourself as a reporter? It's really hard. I can't blame the occupation I choose, I'm consisted about the time." Bryce understands quicker about her opinion. He has found out that choosing a job might be challenging for him to stabilize the world into its own place, but what he understands was that time was their true enemy, and he had to risk his for it.