Chapter XIV

The trail to McD's wasn't long enough when it was the night when they take over the streets with action. Bryce was running and leaping through the buildings as he pass by while his partner Rebel did the same with her agility. Douglas could be seen running at the streets with impatience since he was the only person with a unique power to destruct anything that's coming to him.

As Bryce was using his skills to surpass his limits, he was in deep thoughts about the open case for 4 months and he hadn't meet the perpetrator behind it. He was blotched about what had happened in that case, he would never understand. What he only knew was the case related to Zanac. His boggled mind was playing tricks on him and he looked like he was about to get fooled by people. He started thinking confusingly. 

I'm shocked on what I just saw. The clutter of Hugo's hideout, injured bodies, and the state's intelligent detective in exhaustion. It was in the middle of a dark forest and how did he came to such a difficult path? Could it be the reason why he was responsible for what he just did. It's out of the box.

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Rebel, who backtracked as she wants to know about the open case, "Bryce, would you mind tell me about the 'open case'? It clearly frustrates me a lot."

Hearing the concern laced around her, Bryce told her simply, "I'm going to give you more detail once we stopped by."

Douglas in the other hand was rushing around the streets. The crowd was disturbed as he galloped like a crazy donkey. He lost control of his powers and he was panicking himself. He screamed and panted as he lost out of balance and let his powers take control over him. 

Bryce looked at his partner like he was drunk from addiction. He sets a new way up to free his deranged mind.

"You've got to slow down when you are using your waves through the vibration. You have to concentrate!" he ordered as if he was motivating him with force. Douglas was scampering uncontrollably.

Fearful, he shuddered more and more, trying to control his body as he yelled, "I can't control them! They were sending signals to each other and made me like a ineffective coward!" He crashed over stands and slipped over the ground many times, making it difficult for him to gain his reign of his body. Bryce watched him overwhelmed as he decided to ignore it and turned on the buildings as he leaps them. 

In 5 minutes, they arrived to McDonald's with Douglas sprawled to the ground as Bryce and Rebel land perfectly on the spot. Douglas can't chide up and dizziness was filled over his head. Bryce and Rebel headed inside the fast food restaurant along with Douglas walking weakly because of the crashes.

As they entered the restaurant, Bryce remembered what he apprise them that he dared himself to dinner with the Night Shifter form he used earlier. So, he did. Douglas saw him in fear. However, Rebel stared him in a feeble which could've been a dare turning to reality.

Is this for real that he showed up in a dark looking suit to the customers? 

Rebel found an empty space for them to sit on and the two went to the space and waited for their dinner while looking at Bryce who does his own will.

"Excuse me, sir. You are dressed differently and how can I help you?" the manager in the counter asked him while Bryce remained neutral.

"Let me order 3 rice with fried chicken, three cokes, and a large size of fries please?" He asked formally and with a shaky gesture, the manager nodded.

"Okay, your food will be served around 15 minutes." he replied before turning back and cook the food.

Bryce went back to the table and sits on the middle chair, facing both of his partners. He shows his pride by raising his hands half, showing his body language with serene. None of them spoke any word when they found out that Bryce's doing it seriously. He's not kidding.