Chapter XII

"Dude, are you determined to catch that guy?" Douglas asked and Bryce rasped at him in belligerent, he is out of his vindictiveness.

"I have to do my dangerous mission, that is much worse than you think." Bryce backtracked. Stopping criminals with special abilities would make him a difficult challenge. He can't just end it easily, he had to find out how did it really happen.

"If you try to stop him, you're dead!" Douglas glared, "He is the strongest criminal on this world. He'll beat your butt with his radioactive guns!" Bryce ignored him and took an opinion against him to support his mission.

"Just imagine you are a part of Hugo's victims." Bryce heaved, "What would you expect from a filthy idiot like him?" He knows his friend's complications, it was disturbing for him and he can't resist it. The lawyer sat on his couch at his apartment, hearing his super partner's doubts.

Douglas just sat there with a hard head. "Probably, I'll be dead with you." he replied in defeat.

Bryce let out an "Hmm" and got up from his couch, took two mugs of hot chocolate that was placed at his mini kitchen near the living room. He walked slowly, preventing a drip of chocolate from the mugs, and placed it on the table. He handed a mug to Douglas and back relaxed on the couch. Douglas would only stare at him, grouched.

"Told you, Doug. These missions are not like usual, they gave you a low chance of capturing the fugitive." Bryce quavered and Douglas puked his face through his face. The only fear was that if they can't act any longer against the crimes, the criminal will conquer the entire military bases around the states. Douglas realized that he would beware of himself in danger.

"Bryce, are you sure we can ruin his crimes?" Douglas asked and Bryce nodded in confirmation.

"We can, unless we give it a try." Bryce responded, sure that the problem can be solved if they can break it. They took their mugs and sip the hot chocolate. The taste was great as they released the warm air out from their mouths. It must've been the most delicious hot chocolate ever tasted. The scenery out there was noon about to be evening, around half past 5 P.M. They were fascinated by the sunset through the balcony.

"Thanks to you, we have been in the same couch until the sunset." Douglas lilted and Bryce understood while staring at the sunset and the clouds.

"Can I stay in your apartment for a while?" Douglas mused. He had never live at apartments like Bryce's. He would only lock himself in his house, doing nothing at all.

Bryce smirked at him. "Of course you can! I'll allow you to stay in my apartment whatever time it'll be. We should get a shower by now," Bryce jabbered.

Bryce's apartment room has two rooms with one of them was a guest room which was ahead Bryce's room. Bryce and Douglas parted themselves to their rooms to take a shower. As the two were back to fresh, Bryce stared at the mirror in the bathroom. A vision of his heroic self appears that makes him terrified and look back in shock. However, Douglas searched for a perfect outfit to wear in his suitcase. He seemed confused. Bryce wear his normal sweaters and darker jeans, with an imprint of a device installed in his sweater to activate his Night Shifter suit in case he was in trouble. Douglas took a t-shirt with long sleeves. It has a creamy decoration of donuts that represents his favorite food. The two eventually got ready as they were out of their rooms.

"Dude," Douglas challenged him, "Rate my donut casuals, please." Bryce grinned at his funny uniform as he closed it with his hand. Douglas was confused for a moment.

"I don't need rates," Bryce scorned, "Your outfit looks funny with donuts!"

"Wait, what?!" Douglas exhorted, "These were just donuts for my best outfit, you lunatic gun!"