2.♥️

Nadine Kingsley

I walked in with my mother and father as people were already sitting at our long ass table. Fucking unnecessary.

"You have your gun right?" Dad asked.

"Yes. And my Gardner knife." I whispered.

"Good." He hummed and I smiled to myself.

I knew I was lucky.

Our family was small and simple.

My parents are in love.

We are rich but care nothing of it.

We don't care to look good to the public.

We're reasonable and where we rule it's hard to find good in this place.

An excuse of why we aren't either.

I was raised a humble girl, I don't care for the diamonds or crystals. A box of chocolates from a dollar store would due.

However I was still spoiled but said thank you for all I received.

I could say none of those things for these goody-two-shoes, fake ass, pictured done families. People wanted to be the feared kingdoms Allie.

Under our wing.

I didn't smile nor grin. Only one other kingdom was as cruel as ours and that was Kingdom Froprirth.

But what kinda irrelevant name is that bullshit?

Anyways they'd done us favors as we've helped them.
I'm not sure who is in that family as only the King ever comes to these events.

I wasn't sure why.

He didn't seem even remotely disgusted by his heirs or partner but they weren't known here. Or they were but people refused to tell me.

Which seems like the most accurate answer by peoples reactions whenever I ask. Except for mom, she wears a grin.

They give me weird vibes.

I sat down, my mother across from me as my father sat at the head of the table and stood, holding up his glass of white wine.

We all did the same.

"Thank you for coming, Kings, Queens, Princesses, Princes, any royalty at all. I hope this meal provides us all great health and happiness. Let's eat." He smiled and sat back down.

The person next to me must've been 14. She stared, sniffling and shoving her glasses up her nose.

"Don't you have somewhere else to look?" I asked her.

"Do you have glitter on your face?" She asked.

"Look away. Haven't you been taught staring isn't nice brat?" I sneered and my mom cleared her throat.

"Maddie hun, get some food." She nodded and I rolled my eyes.

"Does the kid have a cold? Why the hell did she look like that?" Dad mumbled.

The girl left and I sat back.

"Nadia." A boy said and I turned my attention to him.

"Nadine." I fixed.

"My apologies princess, want to join me for getting food?" He asked.

Yea cause that's fucking romantic.

I stood, pulling the top of my dress up as I grabbed my plate.

We walked over there and he grabbed giant spoonfuls of everything.

"Have you been starved boy?" I asked and people started staring.

"N-no ma'am." He shook his head.

"Don't be greedy, small children have to eat this food and you're 18 you can eat when you get back home or buy things from the convenience store. There's 20 platters, no need for slabs of shit." I shook my head and I looked beside me where the younger kids stood.

He placed it back with the spoon and I grabbed his plate from him, giving the kids food until I thought his plate was decent.

"No need to be a pig in public. Make your mommy happy won't you?" I smiled and handed it to him.

I got my dish and walked back.

I saw the King of Flab- something smiling at me with an amused look.

"You make me laugh." My mom smiled.

"These 8 year olds who worry about being perfect for their parents probably are refused food more than that asshole." I shook my head, taking a bite of the scalloped potatoes.

"These are so good." I hummed and dad smiled.

"You've always cherished our food." He smiled.

"Our food isn't canned cranberry jelly or sauce or whatever that shit is." I placed another fork full into my mouth.

"When may I ask is the huge pre-coronation day for you Miss Kingsley?" The King of F-something asked.

"It's actually in a week from today." I smiled.

"Is it an event you look forward too?" He asked.

"I really do however, the whole dancing with people and rulers and being quizzed on marriage and children sounds dreadful. I may have to gauge out a few eyes." I joked.

"Maybe, I'll bring my family." He looked down and I heard a deep breath. My mom covered her mouth with her hand.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, if that happens though, you might be in for a treat." She winked.

"Alright. Enough of that. How's homeschooling? Almost done with it?" He asked.

I grinned sourly on the topic switch however I went along.

"I'm done. I've graduated." I ate a piece of turkey.

"That's is amazing." He smiled.

"Her graduating GPA was 4.25." My dad awed.
A/N gotta give princess lady my traits yk😏

"That is incredible. But it doesn't shock me. I've been told of your smarts both book and street. I'm impressed and excited to see you take the throne." He raised his eyebrows and his face was suspicious again.

I wanted to smack that shit off him but I hummed, a calm, stable smile keeping my face intact.

"Thank you, I'm excited to hopefully see you at my coronation." I agreed.

He bowed.

"I will be there."

He took a parting picture of all three of us together, keeping a copy and giving another to us as a parting gift for those evening. We shared goodbyes.