3.♥️

Nadine Kingsley-

"What's the matter dear?" Mother asked, pulling the pins from my hair.

"What if I marry one I don't like or love?" I asked.

"Honey, I can't be blunt but I can't lie. I know the letters consume your hearts young, quick beats however keep an open mind. You should tell me your inferences of who they or he may be." She smiled.

"I would like to think he or they, I think it's they, are royal, I mean, it would make my life easier but what if it wasn't a young man? What if he was an old pervert?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. But I have a gut feeling it'll be outed by next weeks party. By next week I mean four days my daughter. You have little time for this." She said but her eyes carried something. Not hope but more.

I groaned as my hair was free.

"I hate pins." I rubbed my sensitive scalp.

"I'll help remove your dress and corset. Then you may go to sleep and drown your worries in an unconscious state." She kissed my hair.

-

I heard a knock and moved to my door, my toothbrush hanging from my mouth.

It was Edith our maid.

She smiled at my wakened state and handed me an envelope.

I nodded and she bowed as she walked away.

I paused, the stamp on the back and my heart swelled.

I moved to finish brushing my teeth.

When I was done I wrapped my hair in a ponytail.

I opened it and saw another letter.

Nadine,
You have three days now, till your Pre-Coronation. We were informed that you might dance with other princes and males of sorts. Now we couldn't allow that for you. Through the next few days you'll have to take a few wild inferences and guesses.
C+A

I looked at the small folding of paper taped to the bottom and I grabbed it off the letter.

I looked and my heart stammered as it was the picture taken of my parents and I last night.

It better not be the King.

But it says we more than in the usual letters I've gathered for a few years.

I frowned, feeling completely idiotic.

Was I a moron?

My mom had to know something.

-

I knocked on her study and she let me in.

"You know who they are don't you?" I squinted.

She grinned.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. You must be completely out of your mind." She smirked at me.

"This isn't some Easter egg hunt mother it's my life." I frowned.

"Oh my lovely girl, you really don't think mommy wouldn't have found out? I have to make sure my only child gets the best of the best." She quirked a brow as she sat back licking the tip of an envelope.

"But you won't tell me?" I asked.

"Oh my dear, it's right under your nose. You may have a cold because I know you haven't smelt it yet." She smiled.

"How long have you known?" I asked.

"Don't pounce on me now child. Only 3 months." She shrugged.

"Not bad. Okay. I'll figure it out." I walked back to my room.

It could very possibly be someone the King may help and that's how they got the photo?

I mean my previous one does say knowing how well you look so that's likely. But everyone knows everyone here.

Fuck my life.