32.♥️

Nadine Stone

I adjusted the crown and sat down in this big ass throne.

Comfortable I can't lie.

"Alright. I'm ready." I sat upright and my father sat in the back, behind it all just to make sure I could do well.

He blew me a kiss and I smiled as the doors opened.

The first walked in, the large glasses familiar to me. The queen on lemon cream cheese danishes herself.

"Miss Seren. What brings you to me?" I asked and she looked up at me, her eyes large in the circular frames.

"Your Grace, I'm afraid to inform that an accidental fire took part at my bakery." She shook.

"Release her, she's no heathen." I told my guards and they moved away, she walked up a few steps and I leaned forward.

"How bad was it?" I asked.

"My whole shop burned. I informed the nearby stores as they abandoned their shops so mine was the only burnt down one." She nodded.

"Let's make a deal since I have a soft spot for you yes?" I stood, everyone aware of my movements.

"I still have three months, I'm not bed bound calm yourselves." I rolled my eyes as I moved down the stairs and took her nervous hands in mine.

"Calm down. It's okay. I'll give you the money. A loan. We will find good people to build a new one, clean up the old, get you a good kitchen, good things in general since this had been standing since your grandparents and the place was quite old. If, you pay me back in free danishes for five years. That includes the danishes for my son to try when he approaches the age of solid foods. Screw anyone else. Sorry guys." I smiled at Akin and Cass.

"Make it ten your majesty." She knelt down before me and I laughed.

"Okay then. The day my son turns 10 your debt is over. Is that a good deal?" I asked and she stood.

"Yes. Thank you so much." She nearly hugged me but hesitated so I pulled her in.

"Do me a favor and teach your children the recipes if any are interested in taking over. The following generations should cherish your grandparents recipes." I smiled and she sighed.

"You're an angel. Thank you Queen Stone." She kissed the backs of my hands before leaving.

I sat back down and smiled to myself at the free food.

"I like your last name." Cassius whispered.

"Shut up." I winked at him and he rolled his eyes with a small smile.

"Next." I nodded and they went to go grab the next.

I grimaced at the child that came up, very young, seems to be without a parent or home.

"What brings you to me child?" I asked, never seeing him before.

"H-Hi Your G-Grace well I didn't k-know if you do anything a-about this but I-I lost my mom a-and I heard about y-you having this and-" he began crying and my heart hurt.

"Come here." I reached for him and the people let him up to me as I pulled him onto my lap.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"11 Queen Nadine." He mumbled and I rubbed his back.

"Do you know where you mom is?" I asked and he shook, motioning to the ceiling.

"Oh honey. I'm so sorry. I know a place they can take you, they have good food and warm beds, you do have to attend some chores with other kids but you could be much happier there." I offered and he nodded, blinking the tears from his eyes.

"Take him to Allison's Orphanage." I recommended the best place I knew for small children. I was friends with Allison and she was nothing but kind. I had camera's to her place to make sure she wasn't fake behind the scenes but she was fluently kind to these children without parents or homes.

I wiped off my gown as one of the guard left with him.

This continued. Some people idiotic and escorted out, some in desperate need.

I kept track of my home budget, the money I had overall and what amount could be given for today. I stayed a few thousand under.

My most expensive was offering to build Miss Seren a new bakery.

I finally finished and sighed, my dad standing and coming in front of me, taking my hand and kneeling.

"You're perfect for this job." He kissed my hand softly before standing and I laughed.

"It's weird that we switched positions. I used to bow to you." I smiled.

"I love bowing to you. Something I often look forward too. As much as you're my daughter, you're my Queen nonetheless." He smiled and I nodded.

"I get free danishes for 10 years!" I smiled.

"You do. I have people that are good at building small places and such if I could help. We could get it done in 6 months." He told me.

"Well, are your people that good?" I asked.

"I have people for everything, kitchen, plain interior design, specialists for tile, counter tops, and the platform itself." He offered.

"We will have to talk budget, I had Beth mark all the things I'd allowed and helped with some math so we can put together those things, I'm not worried about speed, I need stability and good work. If that means over a year then so be it." I hummed.

"You sound just like me! That was a test. You passed." He kissed my forehead and touched my stomach slightly as he walked away.

I just laughed and made my way to take a shower.