Not fair

I suppose I should start from the beginning, and by doing that I mean going through said blurb of what this is about, and going from there. Like it says my family are all humans. I myself am also a human, but I was born with natural purple colored hair. Cutting it does nothing, dying it also doesn't help.

I'm not exactly complaining cause I love my hair, and I don't want to hide it, but in Seabrook when everything is "normal" and "perfect" like some kind of creepy ends up being horror film. Or some kind utopia or dystopia where everything is the same everyday, and nobody is different and no one wants to be different, except a couple of teenagers who soon get fed up with life always being that way and decide to go against the status quo.

You know just like in the song.... 

but the second the kids try to break it, just like they do in that movie everyone all but hates them for it, or in a "normal" world like the one I was describing kind of like in that scene they show in "A Wrinkle in Time" or in the movie "Downsizing" or in any book or movie where everything looks and seems perfect and they do the same thing everyday and no one complains except the main characters, and when they try to break it, to the people in the community it's like breaking the worst law, or committing the biggest crime.

Where sometime along the way those characters find themselves in some kind of scary situation where they're like we know we wanted something different, but this isn't what I had in mind, but it's too late to turn back now, even though they know that had they stayed, that one this wouldn't be happening and two as miserable in the moment that they were at the time that they knew if they stayed in their perfect little world they would've done exactly as they tried to do now but in a later day. Kind of like in Beauty and the Beast in the musical version when Belle's singing about how she wished she hadn't complained about her town because now she's locked up in the scary castle but ends up loving the beast in the end, that had she not been there and turned back and had ran away she wouldn't had fallen in love and wouldn't had broken the spell that she didn't know about anyways.

That being said, why would I had wanted that anyways. No, it's not fair that this had happened to me, and my sister Addison still have her silver hair, that our parents just ended up covering and faking with a blonde wig, that they suddenly after 8 years say no we can't do this, it's just too not human, much too zombie like. And therefore because of the "feud" maybe not the best word, but the wall between like in Romeo and Juliet that by the time I was 8 years old they basically kicked me out.

It was a day like any other. It could've happened on any other day, but no it had to happen on my 8th birthday. That morning I'd gotten up and gotten dressed in something you know some shade of the 50 shades of pink that I hated, BTW. Early that morning some Government agents came. They put me in handcuffs. I didn't get to pack any of my stuff, or celebrate my birthday with my family or my sister.

As she screamed and cried not to take me away, begging our parents not to have me taken away. And despite that I didn't crave brains that now that I'd be a zombie and being forcibly moved to Zombieland I guess I did get one present, two if you count the Zband. All legal zombies had to have one. And I was being made a legal zombie by my parents and the Government police people, by an order that my parents gave.

Who does that?! Who the heck does that?! Especially to an 8 year old little girl. The only other things I got that day, aside from a new family were a set of green (zombie contacts)  and a dare I say at least a cool (zombie jacket). But what hurt the most, wasn't that my parents were like oh you're basically not our daughter anymore go away you're different, but that all of my family my parents my twin sister, and my cousin all had to be brainwashed to get rid of any memory of me.

And after that it didn't take but a sec, as they blinked their eyes and my parents were all like.... Who is this zombie like creature, she's not one of us, take her away, take her back home. Throw her away with the other zombies just get her out of her sight. But little Addison was crying and complaining that.... Let her stay mommy, mommy please she's just like me, all she needs is a blonde wig and blue contacts please mommy. She'd pleaded.

And with that they brainwashed Addison again as soon as I'd left the room, and overnight they would rid the house of all and any Farrah memories. They took me inside the zombie van kind of like one of those prison vans that drive the delinquents to and from school everyday, at least like they do in movies and books. Like we had committed a crime, that we were criminals just because we were born different, just because I was born with different colored hair.

And on top of that, they made a mist over all of Seabrook that got rid of any form of memory having to do with Farrah Jade. The girl with natural purple colored hair. They didn't want to take any chances with me as they but a sleeping sedative into my arm and let me sleep for hours as if I were dangerous. G-D forbid they can't control a crying and fighting little 8 year old girl. And BTW not give me the memory wipe spray stuff to make me forget.

No I get to suffer, with all the memories that now shouldn't mean anything to me since they're not legally my family anymore anyways. And that the only clothes I'd need were Government approved zombie swag. That I had to wear the Zband all day everyday. My parents didn't want me because I was different, the zombies wouldn't want me because instead of green hair I'd have purple.

But what did these police people do? Sprayed my skin with what looked like white as snow spray-paint. And instructions on using it. That I had to use it once when I wake up every morning and once before I go to bed every night, that it only lasted 12 hours. They forcibly glued on a permanent colored green wig to my head, and forcibly opened my eyes while I was still asleep to shove green contacts into my eyes. Like who does that?! They shoved my arms through the holes of the jacket, it had the letter F on it for my name in a corner on the front, and then a giant Z for Zombie on the back.

They strapped a Zband onto my wrist. As a tingly unpleasant sort of feeling coursed through my veins. As they harshly threw me onto the doorstep not caring if I got hurt since I was out cold anyways, and then knocking on the door with a letter that explained everything. The mother had passed away shortly after the little girl was born. She and her brother are about 4 years apart. Or something like that, the brother is my age, he's 8 too. And he's got at least two best friends.

That's all I know about them. I shouldn't even know that much, but I think I saw a piece of paper in the car they took me in that had all of my info on it and all of theirs on it too. Normally zombies were really only supposed to have two children, a boy and a girl each. But I was the exception. They knew I'd be coming, they weren't surprised to see me.

But they were surprised by how cruel humans were. And they say "our kind" are monsters. The father opened the door, but as he did and started calling out, the van was already gone for the day. The note said.... "This girl previously lived with humans, biologically she was one, but she was born with natural purple colored hair, and blue eyes, her parents ordered us by the time she was 8 years old which is today that they wanted her to be taken away.

Her family has been brainwashed with no lingering memories of her. We've spray painted her white, and gave her a zombie jacket and glued a green wig onto her head, it should be stuck there forever. She has a Zband, even though there is no history of her craving any form of brains. She's your problem now. She is now legally a zombie." signed by Government officials.

With tears on my face, and cuts and bruises on my now unhealthy looking pale skin, the father picked me up and held me in his arms, looking around for someone, anyone. Zed? Yep? Help me. Want me to take the girl or the paperwork? Take the paperwork please. Can I help daddy? One sec sweetie. Zed? Yeah dad? Place the paperwork onto the kitchen table, I'll look at it later. Ok dad. Now, help me for now unfold the couch and Zoe sweetie go get her one of your pillows and blankets. Yes daddy.

Zoe was really excited to have me. I don't think she quite understands the concept of me. I think she knows that I'm really "human" but.... She's so small. You're the one to talk Zoe you're only 4 years old you're pretty small too. What's her name? Uh IDK, it says here in the papers that her name is Farrah Jade. That's a swag name. Ok, that word is like pre its time. That's a Zed word if I ever heard one his dad teased.

Check this out she's all cut up and bruised. Sissy got a booboo? Yes sweetheart she does. Their dad said laying me down gently on the couch bed for now. Zed get me something to chip this glue off. Yes sir. She doesn't need to look different around here. Purple or green she's one of us now, she's a zombie. We'll let her take it off, but I want to get the glue off of her. Looks like they sedated her.

She's probably not gonna wake up till morning. Zoe what are you doing sweetie? Kissing my sissies ouchies daddy. That's very sweet of you Zoe. Why don't we 3 go into the new room, and decorate purple and green and black you know zombie like colors. And stock the closet with the new black, purple, green, red, blue colored clothing into the closet with her array of uniform Government official zombie jackets.

This is my  (bedroom)  It won't be finished until morning so she'll have to sleep on the couch tonight, so let's just you know let her sleep. And we'll introduce ourselves to her in the morning. Hopefully she won't be too scared off us. What's so scary about us? Nothing kiddo, but when you're part of a new family and get ripped away from your biological one it's scary sometimes he said gently and calmly brushing my hair to the side.

And human or zombie we're gonna love her like she's another biological part of the family. Poor sweet little girl, and on the day of her birthday too. I guess we can work on the bedroom the rest of the day, but let her sleep for now. Tomorrow after she's calmed down, we can try and show her around, and you can introduce her to your friends, and the "town." Dad look at this! What is it Zed? This white stuff is permanent. Like forever permanent or lasts only a couple of weeks to a few months permanent like the stuff they advertise on T.V.? Like forever, forever dad. Like this zombie colored pale white color is now her normal skin tone kind of forever like even if she got wet or tried to wash it off it won't go away.

Oh poor girl, she barely ever had a chance. No one gave her one, but guess what we're gonna be that someone. He bends down and kisses my forehead, as I groan in pain tossing and turning in my forced sleep. You hurt her daddy! Zoe complains. No I didn't sweetheart she's already in pain, and probably scared. Don't worry Zoe dad didn't hurt her, even if he did he didn't mean to.

Several hours later.... Ok, her room is finished, let's pick her up and move her into it. Lucky her the poor girl at least has her own bathroom. They draw the blinds, and turn off the light. Sweet dreams Farrah Jade, welcome home. He closes the door. And goes to his own room. Bedtime kiddos. Alright, night dad, night Zoe. Goodnight puppy! Zoe whispers to him as he barks quietly at her, as she pats his head.

Zoe has always wanted a dog, but humans won't let her have one cause their afraid they'd eat their brains. Or some kind of stereotypical zombie thing. I feel bad for her. During the night a little someone decides she's gonna crawl into bed with me, and sleep with her new big sister. Night, night big sissy. Sweet dreams. Tomorrow will be a long day, but tonight will be an even longer night. But this is my life now.