Being on a team

While Zed got brought into the coach's office I went with Jack and the theatre teacher into the theatre. She told us that.... Everyone else might be against this whole zombie and human thing, but in the theatre we celebrate our differences.

Theatre people are outcasts all on our own, looking for a group of people to fit in with to be an outcast member with. Jack you are human and Farrah you are a zombie.

But it is under my impression that zombies are like theatre people that you also celebrate your differences. Actually I'm adopted I grew up with zombies because I looked different than my family.

Just because I had a different natural hair color, they covered for my sister, but they wiped my family's brains and my sisters twice, and then did a brainwash thing over the whole town.

I was 8 years old it had been my birthday the officials came they got rid of every piece of evidence that I was ever their daughter.

I was sedated and they forced and given a jacket an a Zband just like the others even though it doesn't do anything to me, and they spray painted my skin an unhealthy white color.

My brother is going out for the football team, but they didn't want him because he's a zombie. Humans hate us. Zed says I was lucky to find the one group in the school that would be tolerant of me.

Theatre people get judged sweetie who are we to judge you. Theatre people we're like a family, no one is going to judge you.

That's a strange word coming from humans since my family gave me up, and didn't want to even remember me, or have anything to do with me.

Tears pricked my eyes, as I quickly wiped them away. Can we see what you really look like? NO! I mean no. No one is supposed to see what I really look like.

Everyone thinks I'm just a zombie. Even if I was born human but I love my zombie family. They're all I have. I sometimes wish I'd been brainwashed too so that I wouldn't even know I was ever human. Or that I had a different family.

I was scared at first when I woke up in a new place, I tried to wash the white stuff off of me but it never comes off. I was found in scrapes and bruises. The government people threw me on the doorstep while I was knocked out with a note saying I was their problem now.

Well lets turn this whole human zombie silliness around. After school will be our first practice. And you have no idea how lucky you two are as freshmen to be having the leads in the school play.

Anywhere else in the school they'd say we'd be a laughing stalk. But not in the theatre. Welcome to the team Farrah.

Meanwhile Zed was in the coach's office. The coach said he wanted him on the team. So Zed was getting what he wanted, but he also wanted things better for the zombies.

And the best part was our deal was win a game and then she'd see about his other demands for us zombies. That first thing was first throw us a bone and let us eat the cafeteria. 

Looks like things would be looking up from here. Wish us luck, fingers crossed.